Guinevere: Prison Break

Olimpia

Biologist & Ecologist
Olimpia was nice enough to sit outside with me this morning, thinking that since I can't really free range unattended right now during the move that perhaps I would enjoy some time outside not in a cage.

At first it was nice, and I stayed there for a while.

guineveremakesarun5.jpg

But then I got antsy.

guineveremakesarun4.jpg

There were little lizards around and I debated whether to eat any of them.

guineveremakesarun9.jpg

Then I debated whether to shoot at a roach in the open insect bin or not.

guineveremakesarun3.jpg

I decided not, and wanted to go the other way.

guineveremakesarun2.jpg

But I changed my mind again and reconsidered.

guineveremakesarun1.jpg

But before Olimpia knew it, I decided to make my break for freedom.

guineveremakesarun8.jpg

I am a super clumsy runner, I now realize. Really embarrassing!

guineveremakesarun7.jpg

guineveremakesarun11.jpg

And then I was free!

guineveremakesarun10.jpg

But then Olimpia scooped me up and put me back somewhere safer. So much for the best laid plans of mice and men, right?

Wow, that is one pretty chameleon. It's nice to have some outside exploration time for them. What species is she?

That is a mellers chameleon. They get big.

and Olimpia, I love it! Shes gorgeous, you have done an amazing job with her.

I love everything about thise thread! Guinevere is one gorgeous Mellers, and quite the narrator:D

Edit: I love her stocky back legs!

Hahaha! Pretty soon you'll have to worry about a multiple melleri overthrow! ;)

Such wonderful chameleons melleri are, great job with her Olimpia.

Wow, that is one pretty chameleon. It's nice to have some outside exploration time for them. What species is she?

Thank you! Yes, she's a Meller's (melleri) like Camimom said. She doesn't look anywhere near as big as she is in these photos! She's like your arm.

That is a mellers chameleon. They get big.

and Olimpia, I love it! Shes gorgeous, you have done an amazing job with her.

Thank you! She seems pretty content and is a lot happier about being moved around. I'm so excited to get working on her free range in the new house, but we don't move in until 3/1.

I love everything about this thread! Guinevere is one gorgeous Mellers, and quite the narrator:D

Edit: I love her stocky back legs!

Thank you! I know, watching her waddle away was hilarious. It was like her feet and tail weighed too much for her.

Hahaha! Pretty soon you'll have to worry about a multiple melleri overthrow! ;)

Such wonderful chameleons melleri are, great job with her Olimpia.

Bring it, that's something I would love! Thank you!

She is looking very good!!! Good narration also :D

Thanks!

Thank you everyone! She did look a little disapointed but she got to explore something else, so it was all forgotten.

How much do people usually sell mellers for? I would love to get one of these guys and a parsons some day! :)

Definitely no where near as much as a Parson's, a WC may go for about $150 while a long term captive or a CB (even a baby) will go for more like $300, perhaps a little more.

What a beautiful animal! By the way, The big crested gecko my son bought from you at the Orlando show is doing great!

I love the way you put that to a story, very nice....Guinevere is gorgeous!.....I really feel jealous about you being able to live in an area with temps like that evey day, what a great place to raise chams.

Thank you! We just adore her, she in particular is such a gentle giant most of the time. And when she shoots food out of your fingers it's like getting flicked, there is so much power behind that tongue (that's as thick at the end as my thumb)!

What a beautiful animal! By the way, The big crested gecko my son bought from you at the Orlando show is doing great!

Thank you! Awesome, I'm glad you like him!

I love the way you put that to a story, very nice....Guinevere is gorgeous!.....I really feel jealous about you being able to live in an area with temps like that evey day, what a great place to raise chams.

Thank you! I know, we're in February and it's going to be 82* here. We do get a few days of cold at a time but this state really is awesome for these animals. I'm hoping to move and stick everyone outside, because I know that they seem so much happier when they're outside.

Back
Top Bottom