Panther saves his poops for freeroam time?

Robby

I decided to start letting him free roam once a week or so by connecting a vine to his open cage leading to a few nice potted, safe plants. I noticed him pooping less often, almost a week in between possibly. Then as soon as I decided to let him free roam again, he went right as he exited the cage in a massive volume. It seems he’s done this about 3 times now shortly after exiting the cage for free roam over the last few weeks. He would never hold it purposefully to go outside his cage too long and hurt himself if I tried to break him of any possible habit, right? Sounds crazy to me! Anyway, urate and poops look pretty good just way more volume than any of my veileds would have it seems.

Attachments

• 97722ACB-2F31-413C-A15B-52463322CDBB.jpeg
    97722ACB-2F31-413C-A15B-52463322CDBB.jpeg
    293.7 KB · Views: 56
Some chameleons do go to specific spots/branches and use the same spot repeatedly to poop. Mellers are famous for this. Panthers do this to an extent but usually don't hold it until they are out of cage. You might just have a very hygienic chameleon that doesn't want to mess up his great enclosure.

I’ve had so many panthers, when I would bring them out I always knew a big poop was coming. It never failed with my older panthers more so. my vaileds never did that or my Jackson’s.

I have a Jackson's that tends to go in the same spot in his cage.
I have a different Jackson's AND a helmeted that tend to go whenever they are free roaming. I just figured it loosens what needs to be loosened. Who knows

no shot I should be scared that if I go on vacation, and have somebody come feed and what not, that he would hold it to death right? Lol

I'm sure he would go wherever even if it's not his preferred spot. I'm about to have a cham sitter for me for a trip and they won't be roaming while I'm away.

Back
Top Bottom