Gizzy on tank floor and displaying dark colours

I cannot see MBD sign either.
However, something about her behavior concern me the most.
I don't like the way she just flop on the floor and display stress mark.
my guess is like what others have speculate.

1. heat stress (hence she drop to the floor).
2. Poison plants
3. Reflection on glass.

get the screen cage asap. and maybe, just in case, gave her a laying bin.
Let us know.

PS: I have just realized that i am just making an echo of what others have said :eek::rolleyes:..

I cannot see MBD sign either.
However, something about her behavior concern me the most.
I don't like the way she just flop on the floor and display stress mark.
my guess is like what others have speculate.

1. heat stress (hence she drop to the floor).
2. Poison plants
3. Reflection on glass.

get the screen cage asap. and maybe, just in case, gave her a laying bin.
Let us know.

PS: I have just realized that i am just making an echo of what others have said :eek::rolleyes:..
But u stated it so much easier to read!!! Short and to the point!! I always tend to write a book!! See i'm doing it now!! Tricia

People like to drop the MBD here a lot even though they don't know what the diagnoses is. Drop in a pot of soil, see if she lays some infertile eggs. Some just drop dud clutches even if they haven't been with a male.

I lol'd when i read your post lamp. Im sorry i didnt provide the correct prognosis for you its just that back leg looks like hell. People like to drop the MBD here a lot. Are you dense..? this is forum dedicated to chameleons if you forgot. And i would hate for something to go overlooked.

Thanks Fred Dodolah a few good points to consider there. Her new enclosure isn`t screened as due to the inclement british weather i was advised against this as maintaining the temp would be very difficult. It is vertical though and should give her lots of room to climb.

Her lights all go out at bedtime and the uv tube is on for 12-14 hours a day. We have a digital thermometer with probe and also a digital hygrometer as suggested by other members. I do also have a regular thermometer just in case.

Lamp - i agree with you MBD is suggested quite often, but i guess it is difficult to know whether or not MBD is present i know i cannot tell the difference looking at pics etc. I seem to spend most of my days fretting that i might be getting things all wrong for Gizzy and that`s the last thing i want to do.

LOL Fred and you thought you liked to write a novel !!! :eek::D

since your climate is quite different, glass cage is fine if you modify it so that it provide ample ventilation.
usually, strips of ventilation at least 2 sides of the cage is good.
but, if it is completely glass on all sides except the top, I think you need to consider getting her a new enclosure.

Thanks Fred Dodolah a few good points to consider there. Her new enclosure isn`t screened as due to the inclement british weather i was advised against this as maintaining the temp would be very difficult. It is vertical though and should give her lots of room to climb.

Her lights all go out at bedtime and the uv tube is on for 12-14 hours a day. We have a digital thermometer with probe and also a digital hygrometer as suggested by other members. I do also have a regular thermometer just in case.

Lamp - i agree with you MBD is suggested quite often, but i guess it is difficult to know whether or not MBD is present i know i cannot tell the difference looking at pics etc. I seem to spend most of my days fretting that i might be getting things all wrong for Gizzy and that`s the last thing i want to do.

LOL Fred and you thought you liked to write a novel !!! :eek::D

She doesn't have to eat that plant for it to hurt her. If she scraches it while climbing it has a sap that can itch and sort of burn her skin where it touches.

I`m glad to say the offending plant has now been removed and after a quick switch around her ladyship is now basking on her branch as normal. :)

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions hopefully Gizzys new home will arrived quickly and resolve any problems with reflections and heat.:)

glad shes ok now :D id just like to add im from the uk and have a full screen enclosure and i wudnt have it any other way , i have to cover one end of the cage to keep a little bit of heat in and make sure the room hes in isnt too cold but apart from that theyre perfect for veiled chams.

Thanks smyth - gutted about screened enclosure , but i have now purchased the other which, i have just been told, arrives tomorrow :D Yipee !!! Sorry i`m like a kid in a sweet shop now, lol. Gizzy has managed to chomp her way through 16 large crickets already today, but still won`t entertain the fruit and veggies i put in although she is curious.

Back
Top Bottom