Fruit flies in my dubia roach bin...Wife is FURIOUS!

dabears51

I've been having this problem with fruitflies breeding in my dubia bin. The bin has always had a lid on it and have no idea how they got there in the first place. Just today upon opening the lid so I can get some roaches to feed my pets, a swarm of fruitflies flew out. The tub is kept in my bedroom so you know how upset my wife was when she saw them on her bed, vanity mirror, sink and tub.

I'm trying to figure out a way to get rid of them but find it hard. I really don't want to throw away the roaches and start new. I already cleaned the bin once thinking that would help but a few months later, they're back! HELP!

Don't leave old fruit in it. Only put enough food in for them to eat it all in 24 hours. they can also get through screen as they are very small.

I guess I'll have to remove the dog food. The dog food that's in there normally lasts about a week. I haven't put fruit in there in a while. Thanks.

I've never really seen them walk. They just fly real slow and are dark colored. You can literally smack them in mid air.

this has nothing to do with fruit flies, but what did ya think of our Bears yesterday?! We need to regroup and kick some butt in Minnesota next week!!!(if that is where the game ends up being)

this has nothing to do with fruit flies, but what did ya think of our Bears yesterday?! We need to regroup and kick some butt in Minnesota next week!!!(if that is where the game ends up being)

You had to remind me huh!?! lol. Wow, talk about a bad game. Lucky for me I missed the first half because I took my kids to a wrestling tournament. It's been a looong time since I seen such a bad game by the Bears. Offense, Defense and even Special teams were bad. They need to brush it off and come back with a vengeance against the Vikings. I'm sure they'll bounce back. Prediction: 24-14 in favor of Da Bears.

You had to remind me huh!?! lol. Wow, talk about a bad game. Lucky for me I missed the first half because I took my kids to a wrestling tournament. It's been a looong time since I seen such a bad game by the Bears. Offense, Defense and even Special teams were bad. They need to brush it off and come back with a vengeance against the Vikings. I'm sure they'll bounce back. Prediction: 24-14 in favor of Da Bears.

I know, I actually quit watching at the end cause I knew it was over...I mean basically it was over by the second quarter! Bill Cowher thinks the Bears are going to lose their last four games...he pissed me off, when I heard him say that. I hope they prove him wrong. So far he is 1 for 3!!.

To continue the thread concerning insects...if they walk with a jerky motion they are not fruit flies. If they don't have red eyes they may not be fruit flies.

I was having the same prob and solved it by making a simple fruit fly trap to keep beside the roach bin. I cut the top 1/3 off of a 2L plastic pop bottle, put some cider vinegar and a chunk of orange and banana in the bottom, turned the top piece upside down (lid off) and fit it in the bottom, taped around the seam and done, havent seen a fruit fly flying around since but there is lots in the trap. google fruitfly traps for other traps.

Back
Top Bottom