Old orange head roach bin

Uri

Avid Member
So I got this him at a reptile expo a few months ago it was a starter breeder bin for orange heads that was producing a little and all my reptiles loved these nymphs more than they did the dubia but I eventually forgot about them and stopped using them because of how BAD they smelled with their musking and as well as most of the breeding adults just dying off for whatever reason and while cleaning out old calcium powders and stuff I found it and saw that a lot of the smaller roaches were still alive and well and I’m guessing are the dying or dead adults as only exoskeletons are left should I clean out the bin and let them grow to breed they are too big for anything to eat at this point besides maybe my oldest leopard gecko or should I just scrap it and let them die off and stick to dubia

Aww…poor hungry roaches. I’d advertise on Craig’sList and see if anyone wanted them. Seems mean to me to just let them starve to death. Maybe there’s a member that would want them and pay shipping.

L
Aww…poor hungry roaches. I’d advertise on Craig’sList and see if anyone wanted them. Seems mean to me to just let them starve to death. Maybe there’s a member that would want them and pay shipping.
That’s the weird thing the adults died but I was feeding them all well leftover fruits and veggies and sometimes dog kibble for the protein not as gutload just to keep them alive but they just all died slowly and that’s when I thought well looks like that’s the end of this akd forgot about them I think I’m gonna clean the bin give them a bigger one and see if I can breed them this time cuz the adults did reproduce my thought is they were just at the end of their lifespan

Keep in mind only the adults died the smaller ones are still alive They are just in the size range where none of my animals can safety eat them at this point

L

That’s the weird thing the adults died but I was feeding them all well leftover fruits and veggies and sometimes dog kibble for the protein not as gutload just to keep them alive but they just all died slowly and that’s when I thought well looks like that’s the end of this akd forgot about them I think I’m gonna clean the bin give them a bigger one and see if I can breed them this time cuz the adults did reproduce my thought is they were just at the end of their lifespan
Oh…ok. It sounded like you completely forgot that you had them and thus, they hadn’t been fed in some time. Sorry.

Maybe you just need a bigger lizard(?)
My beardie eats anything too large for the chameleon—with piccalilli relish.

Maybe you just need a bigger lizard(?)
My beardie eats anything too large for the chameleon—with piccalilli relish.
I actually thought about that but I don’t have the space for something that big with the animals I already have

Back
Top Bottom