from being a few hours from her death she came back alive!!

chameleonfan101

Established Member
so about 3.5 weeks ago i ran out of crickets so i went to a local pet store. they had this girl veiled laying in the bottom of her cage more than half way dead.. since they know i keep chameleons they asked me what i did with dead ones and i asked why, and they pointed at the poor girl. i told them i would take her if they were just going to throw it away and they asked me why i wanted an animal who was going to die within a few hours or if lucky a day.i responded it was just a hobby of mine to try to rescue them. so they owner just gave it to me for free. she was on the floor and can't describe the look of her eyes as they were all sunken in she almost looked like she had two holes instead of eyes. i had to force feed her horned worms, and give her water. after a lot of calcium shots, long showers and lots of horned worms and dubia this is her 3.5 weeks later. i cannot believe its the same veiled i rescued from that pet store.
ps. i wish you guys could see the way she looked when i got her but it was too scary to even take pic of her!

Attachments

• IMG_1716.jpg
    IMG_1716.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_1718.jpg
    IMG_1718.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_1767.jpg
    IMG_1767.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_1776.jpg
    IMG_1776.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 215
OUTSTANDING

Good job!

If nothing else, just for the effort, and thoughtfulness.

I hope she continues to thrive for you.

I love comeback stories like this. You did a fantastic job and she looks really good (standing ovation)!!!

She looks good, it's amazing what can be done with some pet shop rejects, hey?
Makes you wonder what kind of care the poor girl had previously. Keep up the good work and she may even thank you for it :D

man that is just awesome you brought her back like that!! She looks great and im sure will be thankful of all the help you gave her :D

That's absolutely amazing that you brought her back to look like she does! Big congrats to you, and she's lucky that you came along when you did.

Michelle

awesome

Awesome job saving a life. I hate hearing of these stupid stores that don't try to help our lil friends, thank god you walked in and offered to take him.:D

Wow you did a wonderful job with her!!! Now think about taking her back to show the petstore owner and offering to teach him how to care for them so they don't die. You may have the perfect opportunity. But you keep that girl - she is meant for you.:D:D:D

That's awesome! I just recently saw this at the petco I went too. The poor little girl was about two inches big and walked around with her eyes close. Her eyes were all sunken in and it was terrible. She still moved everywhere, she just wouldn't open her eyes. I wanted to save her so badly, but couldn't spend ninety bucks on something that might die....I thought about buying her tank mate. He was healthy looking but this poor little girl....it was heart breaking. I'm so glad yours won't suffer the same fate. You did such a wonderful good!

This is wonderful! Thank you so much for everything you did to bring this girl a good life!

Back
Top Bottom