Fountain

Serbianchameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
I placed a small fountain in my girls enclosure and today she decided to explore!
3D95A997-D5D3-4D47-A8DA-AF9E62CB339C.jpeg
D7FFFE0B-8E35-4DDF-A774-761AEC9C5336.jpeg
6E04F676-6551-4715-ACAF-B9F870420E0A.jpeg
02CDD0BC-1926-48E3-84B2-BBDB13445215.jpeg

She's seriously so cute. How do you keep the fountain from becoming full of bad bacteria? I know we usually discourage fountains or bowls of any kind here for newbies but you've got plenty of experience so curious what your thought process is and if you'll keep it.

She's seriously so cute. How do you keep the fountain from becoming full of bad bacteria? I know we usually discourage fountains or bowls of any kind here for newbies but you've got plenty of experience so curious what your thought process is and if you'll keep it.
I change the water every 2 days and wash the rocks in it. Im thinking to toss out the moss and put some other plants that dont get bacteria in it like moss. I think it will be fine if I do that but if anyone thinks that my plan is bad pleas tell me I’m open to critics. 😃

I mean I did not put the fountain there for her to drink. I only turn it on when I am in the room and i myst and i give her drops holding the myster and she drinks like that every day. Sry if my gramatic is off im typing in rush.

I change the water every 2 days and wash the rocks in it. Im thinking to toss out the moss and put some other plants that dont get bacteria in it like moss. I think it will be fine if I do that but if anyone thinks that my plan is bad pleas tell me I’m open to critics. 😃
The link I posted above contains many opinions on fountains and the pros, cons, and pitfalls.

Fountains, waterfalls, etc. aren't for our chameleons' benefit—they are only for ours.

Here is an article from www.madcham.de
https://www.madcham.de/en/brunnen-und-wasserfaelle/

Back
Top Bottom