Finally... Some decent pics

ChamNovice

The little guy apparently hates the camera, he always "runs" and hides and I can never get a decent pic. He went to his sleeping spot tonight, and stayed there in his "pajama" colors. Got a couple after he fell asleep too.

DSC01597.jpg

DSC01598.jpg

DSC01602.jpg

DSC01604.jpg

DSC01608.jpg

DSC01611.jpg

Last edited:
Mine HATES the camera too. Shiny, silver, bright, makes whirrrrr sounds. I would hate it too.

Perhaps if my camera was a more nuteral color.

Anyways, great looking little one. Totally giving you "the look" in the first one. I love the attitude.

Thanks. He's shy all the time, until I close the doors, apparently he has figured out they seperate me from him.

Thanks. He's shy all the time, until I close the doors, apparently he has figured out they seperate me from him.

Haha, my 4.5month old panther chameleon does the same exact thing :)

hopefully it changes in time

Anyway GOODLUCk and awesome cham!

Glad you got pics, he looks good! I had a veiled who was really camera shy too, and if I tried to take pics when she was asleep I'd always manage to wake her up with the flash LOL

Got a few more finally, He doesn't hiss or gape at me, but I know he's very certain he could do just fine without me around. Sleeping is about the only time I can manage any good pics of him.

So... Here's one from tonight. First time I've seen him sleep in a hanging position.

DSC01641.jpg

Got a few more finally, He doesn't hiss or gape at me, but I know he's very certain he could do just fine without me around. Sleeping is about the only time I can manage any good pics of him.

So... Here's one from tonight. First time I've seen him sleep in a hanging position.

DSC01641.jpg

It looks bright in the background. Is he going to sleep while all his lights are still on?

No, it's also a little yellowish, I have the exposure time way up so I can get a bright enough photo to post without using a flash and waking him.

Edit: Here is the shot under the same conditions, camera just set to auto, for your light reference. I turn a light behind me on so the camera has some light it can use to capture the photo with the long exposure time. The flash wakes him up, so I hate using and won't do so unless it is a necessary situation.

DSC01642.jpg

Last edited:
What a beautiful little one. Shy seems to be the norm when they are small. I have baby veiled from 3 weeks to 2 days and I can never find over half of them in either tank. You won't believe how fast that little one will grow, get ready!

Is there a place I can post all these pics in one place with dates for a kind of growth reference??

Well here's the most recent ones, he doesn't seem to hate the camera as much as he used to. Still not one of his favorite things, but not getting the "Death Stare" this time at least. He seems to like hanging out on his feeding cup.

DSC01645.jpg

DSC01647.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom