Finally set up a free range (connectable to cage) for Skittles!

sanitysake

...and I think he likes it a lot :D

^ click to enlarge

I picked up a ficus tree at a local greenhouse - the trunk is braided loosely so I could easily link it up to one of the vines in the cage. Next to it is a hibiscus and they're both sitting in a tub I got at Lowe's.

I noticed that he was always trying to get out of his cage and climbing on the screen/hinged door to get to the window which he loves staring out of. Now he gets to do both on a more frequent basis, and he doesn't climb up the door anymore! He definitely seems way more relaxed and I won't have to worry as much about him getting hurt.

He's been climbing and tightrope-mastering his way around, in and out. So fun to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice little free range. I would still supervise his outings. It appears that if he climbed down the tree on the pot, he would be able to reach the bin edge. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Nice little free range. I would still supervise his outings. It appears that if he climbed down the tree on the pot, he would be able to reach the bin edge. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Yup he could reach the edge of the tub so I will definitely keep an eye on him when he's out and about. I'm glad he's spending less time on the mesh though, he was breaking his own nails sometimes :(

Back
Top Bottom