Few general questions

Rorshach

Hi all,

- First off I have a ambilobe approx 7/8 months old and have recently (couple of weeks ago) put him in a 30" high reptibreeze ATM I have one of the new 5% euro tubes with a reflector but have ordered a 10% euro because its sat on top of the screen that's alright isn't it?

- for quite a while 4/5 months onwards after he began trusting me he would hand feed and occasionally want to come out, problem is not long after and up until now he won't hand feed unless its a wax worm anymore, and ALL he wants to do is come out he ignores food both in his tank and in your hand and is desperate (that term is very appropriate to describe it) to get out any suggestions as to why because it gets very annoying and makes feeding a very difficult task.

- I bought 200 dubias to try and give him a decent staple food in total he has ate 3 since I bought them and now won't touch them, he can see them moving (however they don't move much to trigger the feeding response) and I have tried the withdrawal of food for a couple of days whilst leaving quite a few roaches in a tub so that they move a bit more but still nothing!

- last, I have just ordered repashy calcium plus to use as my supplementation and also ordered some dino fuel superload from the US to gut load will this be good enough?

Any suggestions/comments appreciated!

Cheers!

Hi, welcome 2 the forum :)

First of all, you did not need to increase the % of UV just because it is going through screen. There is very little loss, and 5% linear tube which is the same width as your cage is fine.

Which of the Euro tubes did u buy? is it Arcadia? Is it a HO (high output)?

You have spoiled your cham for waxies!! LOL it's very easy to do, they LOVE them, it's like raspberry/chocolate cheesecake to them :D
They will do what ever tactic they can to force you to continue feeding waxies to them.

You need to break the cycle by giving him something different (silkies, hornworms, are at least good for him)

Also, waxies are nearly all FAT and not good for your cham on a daily basis.

Yes, repashy cp is an excellent product. I use it to dust feeders ervery other day. Dont forget the importance of gut loading your cricks
and roaches with fresh veggies (or you can give them Repashy Bug Burger, another fine product)

Just stop giving in to him.

Yes, they will get to where they beg to come out every time they see you.
They will even rattle and shake the cage to get your attention.
Again, they are manipulating you to get what they want.

Have you thought about making a free range? Maybe you could set one up so when he begs to get out you can put him there.

cage might be too full of plants or not enough places to hide
bug burger and cricket crack make good gut loads, fuel is a powder that goes on the food.
dubia wiggle more if they are on their backs
your little guy is addicted to cham candy, sorry.

Thank you for the welcome and thank you for the replies,

Well is the new 10%tube likely to impact him negatively?
And about the wax worms he hardly ever gets them apart from as a treat but they are the only thing he will hand feed now, he used to take locusts Etc too but hasn't for months, and I was lead to believe the dinosaur fuel was a gutload mixture? Or atleast that people feed it to their feeders? Also tried putting the roaches on their back, tried hand feeding,tong feeding, free roaming and nothing. I think he has enough security however if not this will be an easy fix. But he does very much bang the cage or does whatever just to get out however most of the time and has done this in his previous tank too. I try training as you would a dog or something e.g he climbs onto my hand and I will put him straight back in each time but doesn't make a difference to him :/

hi an welcome! Alot of people use the 10.0's with no problems or issues. I personally use the 5.0 but the 10.0's are ok if you want to use them

Back
Top Bottom