I NEED HELP! PLEASE

emmaalas

My chameleons eye won’t open. It moves but both of them are closed. I went to the vet and they gave me medicine. I have been giving it to him for a week but it doesn’t look like it’s working. I also have been rinsing out his eyes. He will not eat either because he can’t see his food so sometimes I have to force feed him. I really need help. I don’t know if something is wrong with him or if something is stuck in there.

Attachments

• IMG_8697.jpeg
    IMG_8697.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_8700.jpeg
    IMG_8700.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8676.jpeg
    IMG_8676.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 28
Hi. He’s a beauty. I’m sorry that he’s having issues. What supplements are you using and how often for each? What are your humidity levels? Can you post some pics of his enclosure, including the lights?

Cant give you too much advice, but you do need to keep the eye open. You do not want it to seal shut, so when you are cleaning, make sure it opens at least then. as long as it can be open, at least the infection etc can drain.

Last edited:
Hi. I use reptivite with d3 twice a month and regular calcium with out d3 every time I feed him. His humidity is at 50.

Attachments

• IMG_8707.jpeg
    IMG_8707.jpeg
    192.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8708.jpeg
    IMG_8708.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 28
Hi. I use reptivite with d3 twice a month and regular calcium with out d3 every time I feed him. His humidity is at 50.

So you have been flushing with people saline solution etc? I mean you went to the vet, there is not much else to do.

Is your bulb a 6%/5.0 or is a 12%/10.0? All can tell is its a T5HO. But i dont think that is causing him to force shut his eyes, that normally doesnt happen with incorrect lighting distance.

Honestly the fix more me is just remove all supplements for a month. his bones will be fine for a few months without dust etc since hes an adult. If the eyes clear up then start the calcium without D3 on every feeding, and then slowly introduce the vitamins etc.

Which UVB are you using and what strength is the bulb? What is the distance to branches below it? Have you gotten a fecal to make sure this is not illness causing him to close his eyes?

Hello and welcome. I’m sorry your beautiful boy is not feeling well. I just wanted to say you are in good hands here and have been given great advice. You might have to try a few things before you figure out what’s going on with your baby I know I had to do try a bunch of different things for my panther before I figured out what was going on. Just keep trying different things until you figure it out. We are all here to help you problem solve and support. ❤️

So you have been flushing with people saline solution etc? I mean you went to the vet, there is not much else to do.

Is your bulb a 6%/5.0 or is a 12%/10.0? All can tell is its a T5HO. But i dont think that is causing him to force shut his eyes, that normally doesnt happen with incorrect lighting distance.

Honestly the fix more me is just remove all supplements for a month. his bones will be fine for a few months without dust etc since hes an adult. If the eyes clear up then start the calcium without D3 on every feeding, and then slowly introduce the vitamins etc.
Okay. Thank you for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom