Female Panther "Rescue"

I'm glad it's within the realm of normal lol! I've never had anything resembling a "normal" chameleon keeping experience... Karma was so, so sick during his time with me. :( It's even more obvious how far gone he was now that I see how Lily reacts to her environment!

It's bringing me a lot of joy to watch her do her thing, and I'm beyond charmed by her antics! :D
The little girls are funny . I just love them .

Our Frances was sick as well . We had an mri done on her . She seemingly had asthma . If there’s a such thing in chameleons . Her lungs were very compromised . She was a beautiful girl . I loved her sooooooo much :) . It’s a lot of work care for a sick Cham but wonderful when you see then well .

I had a fecal float performed on a fresh sample, and Lily does have a mild case of pinworms (~5 seen). It's a low enough concentration that they're unlikely to be bothering her, but I went ahead and got her some Panacur (fenbendazole) anyway. Better safe than sorry!!

Lily seems not to mind her meds, and takes them very graciously - she actually leans into the Q-tip when I'm applying betadine and Flamazine to her mouth! Must be itchy. Her eyes already look more comfortable after her eye meds, and I think she'll recover quickly! Lily's quite helpful, and always squishes her eyes around and distributes it for me. Steroids are wonderful for inflammation, even if they can't be used on an ongoing basis. I know my ears (eczema; chronic outer ear infections) always feel soooooo much better after an application of some steroid cream! (y)

I had a fecal float performed on a fresh sample, and Lily does have a mild case of pinworms (~5 seen). It's a low enough concentration that they're unlikely to be bothering her, but I went ahead and got her some Panacur (fenbendazole) anyway. Better safe than sorry!!

Lily seems not to mind her meds, and takes them very graciously - she actually leans into the Q-tip when I'm applying betadine and Flamazine to her mouth! Must be itchy. Her eyes already look more comfortable after her eye meds, and I think she'll recover quickly! Lily's quite helpful, and always squishes her eyes around and distributes it for me. Steroids are wonderful for inflammation, even if they can't be used on an ongoing basis. I know my ears (eczema; chronic outer ear infections) always feel soooooo much better after an application of some steroid cream! (y)
I agree better to be safe then sorry . Yay lily good job . She’s very lucky to have you as a mama . Happy all is going well .

Congrats!! Lucky lady I'm glad you've saved her. I would get a fecal done just to make sure nothing is lurking. My baby started closing her eyes alot during the day a week ago and sadly passed away last night from a bacteria thing in her belly. Getting a fecal sooner would have saved her life I'm sure. You 2 enjoy one another C:

Congrats!! Lucky lady I'm glad you've saved her. I would get a fecal done just to make sure nothing is lurking. My baby started closing her eyes alot during the day a week ago and sadly passed away last night from a bacteria thing in her belly. Getting a fecal sooner would have saved her life I'm sure. You 2 enjoy one another C:

I'm sorry for your loss! :(

Got my fecal done today, got my drugs. Should be all sorted now! (y)

I been missing allright...hehe...someone has to pamper me last night:LOL::LOL:

Pfft, well... gotta get it out of your system somehow, right?

Back
Top Bottom