Female Panther "Rescue"

It's shocking what a little bit of sunlight can do! Lily has been very quiet today and largely inactive, but after only a few minutes outside she was climbing me like a tree and very alert! It's a tad windy out, but she was wearing her basking browns and seems very engaged and bright. She's definitely a lot more comfortable with me than other people, too - she got very defensive when a curious neighbor approached!

Lily's now showing interest in the multivitamin dusted feeders i left in with her earlier (3 crx, 1 super), so I'll leave her to her somewhat late meal and stop hovering. I want her to have as much strength as possible for tomorrow, when we go to the vet! I had a chance to eyeball her pretty closely while she was busy basking outside, and there's definitely some damage on the left side of her mouth, which is also the same eye that she's favoring. Her left nostril also looks largely clogged up. I'm not sure if these are related symptoms, but I'll definitely be pointing it out tomorrow!

Fingers crossed!
I had noticed her mouth in your first post with pics . Looks like she may have had mouth rot at one point . Looks though it has healed . From the pics .

I had noticed her mouth in your first post with pics . Looks like she may have had mouth rot at one point . Looks though it has healed . From the pics .

Yeah, I "convinced" Lily to open her mouth so I could poke around a little, and it doesn't look like an active infection to me... all of her teeth and gum line look alright (at least at a glance!). It's a little crusty and slimy on a few places on the outside, but looks well on it's way to healing. There's another small patch on the right side of her mouth, and a touch of old rub marks on her snout. There's also some old scarring on one of her hind legs at the knee, and a couple other little divots here and there. Feet and tail are in great shape, though! Poor little lady. :(

Yeah, I "convinced" Lily to open her mouth so I could poke around a little, and it doesn't look like an active infection to me... all of her teeth and gum line look alright (at least at a glance!). It's a little crusty and slimy on a few places on the outside, but looks well on it's way to healing. There's another small patch on the right side of her mouth, and a touch of old rub marks on her snout. There's also some old scarring on one of her hind legs at the knee, and a couple other little divots here and there. Feet and tail are in great shape, though! Poor little lady. :(
She’s still beautiful and in very capable hands . She has the best change of full recover with you . What time is her appointment tomorrow ?

Will do! (y)

Also, Lily was being stinking cute when I went to check on her before leaving the house. I came around the corner a little too quickly and startled her, and five seconds later she started slowly coming toward me. She must have thought I had more food for her, or was going to let her back out or something... glad she seems to be warming up to me!! :D

20190426_173323.jpg

20190426_173524-jpg.230416

Will do! (y)

Also, Lily was being stinking cute when I went to check on her before leaving the house. I came around the corner a little too quickly and startled her, and five seconds later she started slowly coming toward me. She must have thought I had more food for her, or was going to let her back out or something... glad she seems to be warming up to me!! :D

View attachment 230417
Like daughter like mother..she is cute in the picture(y)

Will do! (y)

View attachment 230417
Pretty lily .

I'm just finishing up with Miss Lily at the vet, and I'm happy to report that we have a plan of action! As per my vet, I'm going to up my multivitamin to every other day (Repashy Supervite, contains preformed vitamin A) for the next month before cutting down to my regular dusting schedule. She agrees that Lily's mouth lesions don't appear to be mouth rot, and may be due to rubbing. We opted not to flush her eyes this visit. Lily weighs in at 48 grams, which is consistent with my at home weight, and there are no other concerns. We're both happy with her current hydration levels.

I'm bringing home Eye Stream (ophthalmic irrigating solution) and 3-Biotic +H (NeoPolyBac HC) for her eyes, and Flamazine (silver sulfadiazine cream) and Betadine (1% iodine) for her mouth lesions. I'll touch base with her again next week for a brief consult (without Lily) to see if the medications need to continue another week, and again at the 2 and 3 week marks. Assuming all goes well, we'll have an official recheck in a month's time! (y)

Great work done there...the Time will be on both You and Lily's side,soon she shall be back to the top of her health..
48g is a good weight...around 65g and up thats when she start having eggs(in the good range)
Thanks for the lovely update:).

I'm just finishing up with Miss Lily at the vet, and I'm happy to report that we have a plan of action! As per my vet, I'm going to up my multivitamin to every other day (Repashy Supervite, contains preformed vitamin A) for the next month before cutting down to my regular dusting schedule. She agrees that Lily's mouth lesions don't appear to be mouth rot, and may be due to rubbing. We opted not to flush her eyes this visit. Lily weighs in at 48 grams, which is consistent with my at home weight, and there are no other concerns. We're both happy with her current hydration levels.

I'm bringing home Eye Stream (ophthalmic irrigating solution) and 3-Biotic +H (NeoPolyBac HC) for her eyes, and Flamazine (silver sulfadiazine cream) and Betadine (1% iodine) for her mouth lesions. I'll touch base with her again next week for a brief consult (without Lily) to see if the medications need to continue another week, and again at the 2 and 3 week marks. Assuming all goes well, we'll have an official recheck in a month's time! (y)
I’m so very happy to hear this report. Sounds like an excellent plan of action . Such capable hands . Thank you for Sharing her report .

I'm not entirely sure what her malfunction was, but when I went to mist Lily a few minutes ago, she got very excited, enjoyed a couple moments of misting and cleaning her eyes, and then started just running all over her cage. Like, a proper full circuit from top to bottom to top for no discernable reason, complete with shooting her tongue at random water droplets. I have no idea what just happened in her little cham brain but it was pretty funny to watch once I realized she wasnt in distress, haha! :LOL::ROFLMAO: "Zoomies", chameleon style? :unsure:

Lily says "sup" from the bottom of her cage.

20190427_174634.jpg

Attachments

• 20190427_174634.jpg
    20190427_174634.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 20190427_174634.jpg
    20190427_174634.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure what her malfunction was, but when I went to mist Lily a few minutes ago, she got very excited, enjoyed a couple moments of misting and cleaning her eyes, and then started just running all over her cage. Like, a proper full circuit from top to bottom top for no discernable reason, complete with shooting her tongue at random water droplets. I have no idea what just happened in her little cham brain or any concept of what just happened, but it was pretty funny to watch once I realized she wasnt in distress, haha! :LOL::ROFLMAO: "Zoomies", chameleon style? :unsure:

Lily says "sup" from the bottom of her cage.

View attachment 230575
My Oliver does this . It’s kinda funny . Make me wonder how they see the glistening of the water droplets . He gets so excited . He does not do it with his dripped just misting .

My Oliver does this . It’s kinda funny . Make me wonder how they see the glistening of the water droplets . He gets so excited . He does not do it with his dripped just misting .

I'm glad it's within the realm of normal lol! I've never had anything resembling a "normal" chameleon keeping experience... Karma was so, so sick during his time with me. :( It's even more obvious how far gone he was now that I see how Lily reacts to her environment!

It's bringing me a lot of joy to watch her do her thing, and I'm beyond charmed by her antics! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom