Feeding greens & gutloading

joeandsoph

Established Member
I think my beardie has an eye infection so we're gonna give him veg with extra Vitamin A like carrots and broccoli. Would my veiled c ham be able to eat broccoli? I now they can have carrots (she rarely eats veg and salad to be fair). Another stupid question is...can she just eat it raw? I presume so but just want to make sure. What other fruit and veg do yuo feed your chams and what can they definately not have.

Thanks

Broccoli has calcium oxelate, So I'd say Definately not. I dont know about your beardie, but to be on the safe side, i wouldn't feed anything Broccoli.

-Steve

Ooooooooh ok I will stay away from that then. I read that I could give to beardies but I'll do a little more research.

Think I read somewhere (probably here!) that the oxylates bind to calcium, preventing it from bein absorbed. Don't know anything about beardies, but broccoli is definately not a good gutload.

Dandelions are rich in vitamin A and calcium. Collards, carrots, endive, escarole and squash are also great sources of vitamin A (beta carotene).

Your veiled can be given all of the above as well as sweet red pepper, sweet potato, zucchini, mustard greens, etc.

I use wild rocket leaves and apple and carrot to gutload. I also used to grow wheat grass which the locusts loved! I bought a packet of dandelion seeds meaning to sow them for Amy and her bugs, but can't remember where I put them, lol!:D

what about pumpkin or winter squash? IDK if they are toxic or not but i know they have some good Vitamin A in them

My gutload is celery, carrot, potato, yam, apple, orange, bearded dragon bites, etc.

I make my own dry gutload with white rice, yazmine rice, oats, seven grain.. umm... bread making stuff, whole wheat flower, crushed eggshells, mulberry chow, cornmeal, etc etc etc

Back
Top Bottom