Eyes sunken?

PoseidonTheChameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
Poseidon will be considered 5 months old on the 22nd and will have been in my care for 3 months, I was wondering if he looked ok and if anyone thought his eyes were sunken or if I'm just paranoid, thanks for the help.

Attachments

• 20210109_162101.jpg
    20210109_162101.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 20210109_162108.jpg
    20210109_162108.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 95
I mist when I turn the lights on at 8am and off at 8pm, I also have a dripper going all day. When I mist, I make sure the enclosure is pretty moist, so I know there are many options around the enclosure to drink from for about an hour, then the enclosure obviously drys up. Thanks for the help
How long do you mist for?

Agreed with all the others, but just a little thing I've noticed... Rarely does it seem like chams eyes sink in because of dehydration. It seems to be when they are very sick(parasites often). I think when their eyes sink in from dehydration it is because it is so severe that their body is shutting down. So if you're watering is okay, but the cham's eyes are sunken, I would suspect something else going on.

@MissSkittles agreed, my Parsons does this all the time. That and his colors tell me when I've messed with him long enough and he needs some space lol.

Back
Top Bottom