Eyes sunken?

Ah now I'm scared, should I offer him more food or is about 15 bugs good?
No need to be scared. They all grow at different rates. Just not my experience with my 3 boys. They eat anything and everything they can. To the point that I feel bad when I am reducing as they mature because they would eat much much more if they could.

So the amount your feeding is fine... It is more that you said he does not finish. Does he just not eat the bsfl and all the crickets? How are you feeding him? Are you sure it is a male? I do not remember if we checked for tarsal spurs... And have you gotten a fecal test done recently?

No need to be scared. They all grow at different rates. Just not my experience with my 3 boys. They eat anything and everything they can. To the point that I feel bad when I am reducing as they mature because they would eat much much more if they could.

So the amount your feeding is fine... It is more that you said he does not finish. Does he just not eat the bsfl and all the crickets? How are you feeding him? Are you sure it is a male? I do not remember if we checked for tarsal spurs... And have you gotten a fecal test done recently?
He is 100% male and no I never did a fecal but his droppings always look ok. I have a diy feeder cup, he usually eats all of his bugs now that I've been giving 10 crickets and 3 worms, but if i give him more, then he always eats the crickets and leaves a couple worms.

He is 100% male and no I never did a fecal but his droppings always look ok. I have a diy feeder cup, he usually eats all of his bugs now that I've been giving 10 crickets and 3 worms, but if i give him more, then he always eats the crickets and leaves a couple worms.
Ok good I thought so... Females dont get big as fast as a male would so that was my line of thinking there.

I would get a fecal done just to rule out a parasite issue.... This could effect appetite and even growth rate. Visually the fecal could very well look normal... It is the stuff we can't see with our eyes though.

How much is it to get a fecal done?

Back
Top Bottom