eye infection i think

ollygatorsnapper

hey everyone its been a long time since my last post but alots happened in the past month. before lela and soc were shipped from silverdusk to me, lela had laid a clutch of eggs the day before. she had got something in her eye when she was digging in i think was potting soil from a plant in her cage. well i monitored it for awhile, and it never seemed to heal up all the way. i just found out a month ago that i have been diagnosed with leukemia, and i just got out of the hospital a week ago from my first round of kemo treatment. they let me out a couple days before they started kemo so i could see my daughter be born so that was a blessing. i came back and inspected my ambanjas and she still has infection and now i am strapped for cash since i havent been able to work. i gently took a q tip and saline solution tonight and wiped the outside of her eye which see seemed to enjoy a bit. i think shes going to need an antibiotic of some sort. if there is a cheap way of going about this which i wont hold my breath i would love to know. please help!
here are some pics of the infected eye

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

Oh my gosh, i'm sorry about your little girl. Hope you conquer this awful disease, i'm sure both of you will come out just fine. :) I wouldn't know what to do but i'm sure someone will give you the right advice as what to do. Hope you 2 feel better and good luck!

thanx, its been an eye opening month. for anyone who prays out there, please pray for me, i will take all i can get. I got a gorgeous baby girl thats gonna need me so i'ma fight it out!

Yes and i'm sure she will give you all of the power you need to do so.

Try flushing her with lots of water and maybe a shower to see if it can clear up some of the gunk in her eye. Does she enjoy them? I just got bashed for showering my little Cham and him not likeing it :cool:. Lol! Try giving her a warm shower and maybe it'll at least make her feel better if she enjoys them, hopefully it'll clean her eyes a bit.

Yeah take her a shower with room temp. water and mist more often, she'll try and clean her eyes and that will get it all out. do you have any idea how she got it? if it doesnt get better go to the vet

im more than sorry for ur trials and tribulations,

im no expert but have had to deal with an eye issue on mine and and (just today) my bros girl got the same issue as mine did.

but our issues were due to lighting, wat system are u using? lights? basking? RH? ect...

all info will most likely help.

i deffintly second the misting with warm water tho, VERY often.

The Q tip and eye wash are a good start. As far as other things you can do... Pick up some terramycin eye ointment, that should run you no more than $20. You might be able to find it at a local feed type store. You can also do some warm (just over room temp) showers. With this and what you are already doing most eye gunk problems and be cleared up easily.

Hey, sorry to hear about your medical condition, but I am confident the kemo therapy will work for you. Regarding your cham, I know vet bills could get out of hand, but you may need to see one. In the mean time I would keep her eye clean flushing it. LLL Reptile sells Terramycin, which is used for eye infections...

Well first off I just want to say congratulations on your baby girl. My thoughts are with you during your struggles. Children have a way of giving strength to a parent spend as much time as you can with her because it passes in a blink of an eye.

As for the eye, she really could use a vet. You could rinse her eye with saline solution and order some terramycin ointment from LLL. Do that twice a day and see if it improves.Just be careful with the ointment it can build up in her turret if you use too much and if you don't flush her eye. Again though an eye can be touchy so the vet is always the best option.

It just so happens one of my guys has the exact same thing happening to his eyes today. I called a cham vet and he suggested showers and to rinse it out with eye cleaning solution. Not contact lense solution, but just any normal eye washing liquid with the squirt top. He said to hold the chameleon at a 45 degree angle and from about 7-8 inches away squirt a jet into the eye, even if it's closed. But stop squirting when the eye swells up with the liquid. Then you can put her on a perch and she will roll her eyes and clear out any irritant in her eyes. It may be something as simple as just something in her eye irritating it to an actual infection.

I did not need to do the eye wash with my boy today because a nice 20 minute shower did the trick to clear out his eyes, but I might have to do it tomorrow if it persists, and then to my vet probably. Yours might need to be seen by a vet if it doesn't go away either, but with a little ointment it should be a quick fix.

And I'll be sending lots of good thoughts your way for what I hope is a quick and complete recovery for you!

Back
Top Bottom