eYE bULGing

Safari

My chams eye just looked liked it fell out then I see him rub his head on a branch and then he put it back in ????

it looks like its about to explode then goes back to normal. Is it the light i was using a 75 watt zoo meds bulb but it got to hot now im using a regular 60 watt house bulb with 760 lumens, is that too bright or what this is scaring me!!!1

I'm sure this is how they clean their eyes. Keep an eye on him as his eye could be irritated especially if he is rubbing it. Can he get away from his lights if he wants to?:)

yeah he can move to a different location
if he wanted to.

i guess he was cleaning his eye because someone else also said that and it was right after i misted to. Hes fine now!

Ya mine did that when he was shedding, and he irritated his left eye some.. it's better now, but i think thats how they just rub their eyes, i wouldn't get worried unless you see some gunk in his eyes..

My chams eye just looked liked it fell out then I see him rub his head on a branch and then he put it back in ????

it looks like its about to explode then goes back to normal. Is it the light i was using a 75 watt zoo meds bulb but it got to hot now im using a regular 60 watt house bulb with 760 lumens, is that too bright or what this is scaring me!!!1

I had the same problem with my panther chameleon, he has had an eye infection for about a month now. Not trying to make you worry, but I suggest cleaning his enclosure really well and make sure you clean the misting bottle you use monthly, bacteria will grow inside the spray bottle. I overlooked cleaning the misting bottle when my chameleon first showed signs of exactly what you are describing. There could also be debris or skin from shedding, keep a close eye and if it continues or worsens, contact a qualified vet ASAP

Back
Top Bottom