CHAMELEON EYE HELP

jack_wardayyyy

Established Member
Hi everyone!

I took my chameleon to the vet for a consultation literally 2 days ago and she said he is in perfect condition and looks awesome.

However, yesterday morning he rubbed his eye on a hosta leaf as he went by it and shut his eye for a minute or two and looked like he was blinking with his eye closed, at the end his eye bulged out on one side whilst closed and it worried me however, I saw this is normal.

However, I have just had him out again today and it looked like the same eye bulged again but maybe not as much, I don’t think I can see any difference in his eye normally but I’ll attach some photos incase anyone can help.

FYI: he does have a damaged eye lid and always has but this has never caused him issues.

I am not too worried because he went to the vets literally 2 days ago but it is scary when it’s the first time I’ve seen this behaviour. If anyone has any advice or similar stories your messages would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_5466.jpeg
    IMG_5466.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_5475.jpeg
    IMG_5475.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_5474.jpeg
    IMG_5474.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5473.jpeg
    IMG_5473.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5472.jpeg
    IMG_5472.jpeg
    92 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5471.jpeg
    IMG_5471.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5470.jpeg
    IMG_5470.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_5469.jpeg
    IMG_5469.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5468.jpeg
    IMG_5468.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5467.jpeg
    IMG_5467.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 64
Hi everyone!

I took my chameleon to the vet for a consultation literally 2 days ago and she said he is in perfect condition and looks awesome.

However, yesterday morning he rubbed his eye on a hosta leaf as he went by it and shut his eye for a minute or two and looked like he was blinking with his eye closed, at the end his eye bulged out on one side whilst closed and it worried me however, I saw this is normal.

However, I have just had him out again today and it looked like the same eye bulged again but maybe not as much, I don’t think I can see any difference in his eye normally but I’ll attach some photos incase anyone can help.

FYI: he does have a damaged eye lid and always has but this has never caused him issues.

I am not too worried because he went to the vets literally 2 days ago but it is scary when it’s the first time I’ve seen this behaviour. If anyone has any advice or similar stories your messages would be greatly appreciated
IMG_5475.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5476.jpeg
    IMG_5476.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5477.jpeg
    IMG_5477.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 45
he has something in his eyes and he is trying to clean it up. I think. you can sprey him with a fine mist carefully, may help
Hi Lee appreciate the help, can you see something in his eye or is this just their response to that? No need for a vet is there?

vet is always recomeded.
Hi Lee, ahhhhh I haven’t seen him do it since and I’ve been with him all yesterday and it doesn’t look like anything has changed. Going to give it today and see if I notice it again but it looks like it was a two day thing just cleaning

Back
Top Bottom