Expo Trip *Rescues*

And thank you everyone. I'm going to continue to work on the Verr. I won't give up till he does. Your support and condolences mean alot to me!

I think this might be the same seller that I got my little guy from. He was in the same deli cup. Was the remaining Meller just a little guy with a crooked horn?

No Hun it wasn't. These 2 Mellers were in a 10 gallon fish tank. The female Graceful I got to go with my male came from the same seller as yours though and she is doing great!

That sucks to hear:( As everyone else said, its all to common in this trade to get terrible mistreated WCs. Its such a shame but you cant beat yourself up for them going down hill or trying to save them. Most of the time they are too far gone. Id make a public stink about it if I saw the animals in that shape at an expo. I couldnt give any money for them knowing what will happen though:eek:

Its nice to see someone else interested in other species besides just panthers. We need more people like that. Eventually you will have to luck out with some good specimens. Just dont let it get you down too much!!!

Bummer I'm so sorry to hear this :( . It's a battle to turn these guys around when they have so many odds against them.

I hope this doesn't sour you on Melleri they are such an incredible species to keep.

I'm still a bit mixed on them right now. I really liked the one that just died. When I was done giving him fluids the other night he crawled up my arm and nestled into my neck with nose and went to sleep. It was certainly one of those awww moments. I think that's why I cried so much today, this one really hurt. But I fear I just can't give what they need with both of these dying. Just blaming myself I guess. Everytime I look at his empty cage I feel so bad.

That sucks to hear:( As everyone else said, its all to common in this trade to get terrible mistreated WCs. Its such a shame but you cant beat yourself up for them going down hill or trying to save them. Most of the time they are too far gone. Id make a public stink about it if I saw the animals in that shape at an expo. I couldnt give any money for them knowing what will happen though:eek:

Its nice to see someone else interested in other species besides just panthers. We need more people like that. Eventually you will have to luck out with some good specimens. Just dont let it get you down too much!!!

Thanks Jarred! I actually got my pair of Jacksons in yesterday and boy do I love them! They are amazing little ones and the female is so red. I love her coloring. They are both still young too so I get a chance to watch them grow. I'm actually like you in the aspect that I think panthers are beautiful animals but I really like the odder bunch of chams. I would love to have a Quad or maybe a Crested.

Back
Top Bottom