Even Dr. Mader Knows Reptiles Show Affection to Their Owners

Exactly! A chameleon that’s kept in a cage in a room all to it’s self will or course just sit there like a knot on a log. You the keeper will have no earthy idea what a chameleon is capable of doing. A chameleon that spends time with their keeper will learn more and be able to show his/her intelligence.
Of course they think!! My chameleon climbed out onto my shoulder today and was looking
Just because an animal goes on you doesn't mean it has bonded, it just means it knows you as a safe retreat. I do not have a bond with my house, but I go there everyday to sleep. I am not emotionally attached to it(I guess some could be though idk lol)
Would like to see some of the non-fairytale land people chime in here, I'm being outnumbered.
It's bec you like to sit and argue with people. Maybe they don't want to help you out

Sorry Jan I didn't finish that last one. My chameleon climbed out onto my arm today and was looking everywhere trying to decide his route plan to get to the highest point in the room. He is very persistent when he has his mind on something

Sorry Jan I didn't finish that last one. My chameleon climbed out onto my arm today and was looking everywhere trying to decide his route plan to get to the highest point in the room. He is very persistent when he has his mind on something

They are very persistent and they never forget anything. My guys know that the sliding door goes to the screened porch and when they get off the free range they go over to the door and scratch to go outside. My male knows the girls are in the bedrooms and he is so funny. He first goes to Lottie’s door and scratches then turns his big head sideways to see if he can get it through the little crack under the door. After he can’t get into Lottie’s room he then goes to Fiona’s door and tried the same thing. I enjoy them so much. It’s such a pleasure to keep them.

I guess people don't know what stress is. IT'S NOT BAD, ONLY WHEN IT'S NOT ESCAPABLE.

stress
stres/
noun
  1. 1.
    pressure or tension exerted on a material object.
  2. 2.
    a state of mental or emotional strain or tension
Since you have the strong urge to be rude and insulting I think that you are the one acting childish! Let it go, you are obviously very good at causing frustration, anxiety and distress! Maby you are not suitable to be a chameleon owner if this is te affect you have on living creatures around you! I speak 8 languages and do not need you to give me a dictionary deffenition of the word stress! In acting like this you are insulting the rest of us in acting like we are stupid! I am a medical professional and see the negative affects of stress on people all day long!
I can, at the drop of a hat give a 8 hour lecture about "STRESS"! I can talk about all the chemicals involved, the hormones and how they in the long term cause damage to nerves, blood vesicles, the heart, liver and especially the kidneys! I can talk about the long term negative affects stress has on the human brain and how it has the ability to slowly break one down till you snap! I am in the medical field for a profession. 90% of patients I see are in the hospital with stress playing a key roll in it all! But it is obvious that you will not hear a word!

You are missing the point! You keep yammering on about stress! Maby your chameleons have stress, maby they are on the verge of metabolic colapse due to you only interfering in their solitary lives on occasion but frequently enough to keep their nerves on edge, I don't know, I am not there, but you are giving the trained eye enough crumbs to follow and to conclude that life around you is most likely quite stressful for animals and humans allike!

You are missing our point, please pay attention all we do involves our chameleons having less stressful lives! The life of a chameleon as you advocate for is one loaded with startling interactions for your chameleon! My chameleons are so decencitized to things happening around them all day that nearly nothing causes them stress! Being handled is all they know! The moment they pop out of the egg they get handled! Not being handled frequently will most certainly cause my chameleons to feel stressed!

Please stop being rude, you are enticing me to follow suit! I do not need this stress in my life! Lol! Be nice and let those of us who know what we are doing enjoy our chameleons as they enjoy our calm, loving presence!

@kelly_girl199 we're you in on this conversation? No one's arguing just posting facts, the same way I've schooled you on a few things in other posts. And like Jan and Matt have done to me in previous posts

Btw you basically hurt their point. Your Cham looked? Shocking lmao

So much D riding here, no one can just stand alone. Bunch of weak people that only coome in here to defend their own egos, rather than actually helping people that need it.
An no one who has been treated like this by you will ever want to help you again! Besides with all that ultimate truth and emperical knowledge you have as an acclaimed scientist, you obviously need no help from egocentric dumb people like us!

@Matt Vanilla Gorilla You guys started this if you go back. Quit acting like a little girl. You'd be singing a different tune in person

Every little thing you got offended by, if you knew me, I'm not the type to berate people for no reason. If you talked to me in person, you'd never imagine me saying these things. But you're acting like a little b**** i don't need help from you

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess people don't know what stress is. IT'S NOT BAD, ONLY WHEN IT'S NOT ESCAPABLE.

stress
stres/
noun
  1. 1.
    pressure or tension exerted on a material object.
  2. 2.
    a state of mental or emotional strain or tension

Wow! Never thought to look that up in the dictionary. Hummm, now that changes everything! Maybe, I a medical professional and educator, need to go back to school.

Why don't we have a "laugh until I cry" button on here? :ROFLMAO:

If your chameleon goes somewhere else. It will not be heartbroken. None of you people have anythiing but speculation because that's the easy thing to believe. It's fun and childish. But it's not nature. I also have Faith. And that in itself is pretty powerful!

Think about who gains what here. I have nothing to gain by thinking my chameleon is driven off mostly instinct and some amount of learning. Accept maybe an argument? I'm sure anyone would love to have a chameleon bond and have them around constantly. But obviously, through your own admission, not every chameleon wants to be around you! And it's becoming obvious that some of us forum members are feeling the same. I think I caught a glimpse of color change in the mirror.

Now what do you Cham lovers have to gain? Justifying your actions because otherwise that would mean you've been tormenting your animal for weeks/months/years. I think we ALL know who the tormentor is here :rolleyes:

In any other situation we'd all be arguing the other way around, but because it's something we do, we defend it and refuse to accept that maybe, just maybe were wrong. When you can be the first to admit you are wrong, then we can all be cham friends! Get my point? Funny how we believe science in every other aspect that benefits us

This "love rules over" is actually just ego which funny enough creates more problems than it helps

Good bye
Childish much?

Of course they think!! My chameleon climbed out onto my shoulder today and was looking

It's bec you like to sit and argue with people. Maybe they don't want to help you out
:ROFLMAO: Haha! Truth!

I'm sorry, I'm really not trying to be nasty here but some people are just blatantly rude and insulting! I will be the first to admit that I have a lot to learn about chameleons and that is why I joined the forums. Not to be talked down to and insulted and made to feel like I (and those whom I agree with regarding this discussion) do not understand the simple definition of the word stress! And that our perspective is childish!

Agree to Disagree and find common ground in our passion for chameleons! Period. The end!

If it counts for anything, I did try really hard to ignore these comments. I am working on my patience, I thought I had quite a bit. My apologies if I have offended

Teal who are You? Why don't you go in my threads and see whos been helping people so much over the last few months?

@Matt Vanilla Gorilla You guys started this if you go back. Quit acting like a little girl. You'd be singing a different tune in person

Every little thing you got offended by, if you knew me, I'm not the type to berate people for no reason. If you talked to me in person, you'd never imagine me saying these things. But you're acting like a little b**** i don't need help from you

I think there is some serious growing up that needs to happen here. You are derogatory and rude. Let it go already! You made a point, it was not the one you intended, but a point was made!

So I'm being a d*** fair, but just know everyone, harmful knowledge is being spread to stroke these Cham cuddlers egos.

Ok, this has gotten out of hand. It's like listening to liberals and conservatives scream at each other. So some of us disagree? So what. No need to antagonize and berate each other like internet trolls. They are little lizards with big personality. Do they learn? Maybe, who cares! They provide my family and I hours of enjoyment and stress (there's that word again), every day. We all have our opinions on the subject. And these opinions are all over the map. So what? We don't stop people of other religions in the street to argue with them, why would we do it here?

Wow, I'm bummed how all this played out. James has been really helpful on this forum. Especially with info on bioactive enclosures. Also general info on basic care for a TON of new keepers. I honestly dont think he was picking at anybodys beliefs here he was just trying to get people to see his point. I think it dissolved in the end due to pure frustration.

I was really hoping that this was just going to be a fun thread where people shared their beliefs on the subject. So sad that it resorted to name calling and ganging up on people. I don't think any animal will miss their owner if they find a new home that takes care of them; not horses, dogs, cats, etc. They get over it, even humans at some point get over people and things they've lost. We can enjoy them while they're here, but when family and friends move away, at some point we get over it and stop missing them. I think it's sad that everyone couldn't move on and had to act like a bunch of teenage girls fighting over who's the prettiest.

Last edited:
So I totally know this is not the point of this thread at all, but I still can't help being curious on what wood @jannb used to make the cool stands that her chams are on? @jannb if you could let me know what kind of wood you used I would really appreciate it, I love them:love: I can't find any wood that thick that bends into a circle like that, or maybe they are pieced together? Thanks so much in advance!!

So I totally know this is not the point of this thread at all, but I still can't help being curious on what wood @jannb used to make the cool stands that her chams are on? @jannb if you could let me know what kind of wood you used I would really appreciate it, I love them:love: I can't find any wood that thick that bends into a circle like that, or maybe they are pieced together? Thanks so much in advance!!

I realize that your question was intended for another forum member, but I wanted to suggest grape vines. If you cut them fresh, they are quite shapeable and will dry holding their shape. Becasue they grow in different lengths and thicknesses you can choose according to your desire. You can even select multiples and weave them together. Not sure where you live and how easy it would be to find fresh vines. An alternative would be purchasing them directly in a craft store. Of course, always rinse everything you use. I hope this helps. :)

I too would be interested in what @jannb used for hers. Mine is merely a suggestion and probably only one of several possibilities. Good luck! :)

I saw your question earlier but I have not been able to think of the name of that vine. We use to buy it for our parsonii and I ordered it from a place in Cali. It’s used on movie sets there. If I can remember the name later, I will let you know.

Back
Top Bottom