Eating dust

okiroo

Avid Member
Clair had been eating dust. i gave her her first supplaments today witch was gutloaded with cal crikets calcium with d3 and mulitivitamins. i put the d3 and the multivsa ona mealworm. she likes those more than crikets so ima give her one every other day. i wont give her d3 again untill the week after nxt and the multis untill nxt mnth. im ordering her a new cage today along with everyday calcium. i thought she might be eating it becuz she needs something. u dont think it will hurt her do u? i take her away but she just climbs back to it. im letting her walk around my window screen. shes the same wight as earlyer posts as far as i know and the weezing hasnt been heard today. im calling for a vet monday so she is going to be checked out. any advise is very helpful. thankyou!
Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - From Petsmart, had for about 5 days, 2-5mnths
Handling - I hand feed, she gets picked up twice a day or so to go onto the curtens
Feeding - a good 3-4 crikets mabey 5 with one dusted mealworm
Supplements -today she got gut loaded with cal crikets, d3 and multies
Watering - Iv seen her drink everyday. i mist often. no dripper
Fecal Description - Solid chunk, didnt see any white today but it may have fell apart a bit, it was on the edge of a leaf. everyday
Cage Info: Combo of screen and glass
Cage Type - 16x16x20(not 100% shure, thats my boyfriends guesstamate)
Lighting - im useing my lower w curly bulb, it 90 in my house with no bulb so iv elavated it far off and iv been letting her stay on my window with it open to allow her to stay cooler
Temperature - its 90 in basking(too hot i know) and lower its probally 80, iv been turning her light off alot because it gets too hot.
Humidity - 60-70%
Plants - all fake
Placement - In my room, i go in a good bit. she doesnt have trubble sleeping with me around though.
Location - South caralina

What do you mean she is eating the dust? If she is eating the dusted feeders, then that is what you want. What are you using for A UVB light? You say curly bulb. What kinda bulb?

Yeah the curly is the UVB 25 or 26W i belive. no i feed her the dusted feeders. but shes also going after regulear house dust :/!

I would not let her eat dust. I would make sure if you let her out of the cage that you dust the area so there is nothing for her to eat. Who is the bulb made by?

Back
Top Bottom