Does television upset chameleons?

SUSE

I have noticed since getting my Chameleon (Dr.SuSE) he always has at least one eye on the TV at all time that the TV is on. his enclosure is relatively close too the TV. I was wondering if any of your Chams watch the TV so intensively?

I don't have a TV in the room with my chameleon but we used to be within a few feet of the fish tank with a direct line of sight and would threaten the fish. Puff up and hiss. So I moved him assuming that probably wasn't good.

I would move the cham out of line of sight of the TV just in case it is causing low level stress but I'm not an expert and that is just the policy of don't do anything that you're not sure of.

My tv is in view of my chams cage too....Although its not real close. Its usually not on during the day...I have noticed my chams prefered sleeping spot is tucked away behind some large artificial plant leaves towards the back,,so any light from the room or other areas dont bother him;)

I don't know if you mean the tv itself or the light from the tv. The light might disrupt their falling asleep.

My ambilobe used to love TV, he would climb down from his free range every day at about noon to sit in front of the TV for a couple hours and then wander back. :)

img1084q.jpg

But every animal is different. It may bother some animals and not bother others, it's tough to say. Move the cage if it worries you.

I don't have a TV in the room with my chameleon but we used to be within a few feet of the fish tank with a direct line of sight and would threaten the fish. Puff up and hiss. So I moved him assuming that probably wasn't good.

I would move the cham out of line of sight of the TV just in case it is causing low level stress but I'm not an expert and that is just the policy of don't do anything that you're not sure of.

hahah! omg could you imagine being a chameleon and not understanding the concept of a fish and seeing these things floating around in all he could assume is air. the way theyre shaped they look like legless, tailless, neckless chameleons that float around...... maybe he thought they were ghosts.

Back
Top Bottom