DIY Cup Feeder video!

CammieNLeno

Hey guys!

I wanted to make a video on how to make your own cricket cup for those of us that are unable to free range. I recieved a decent amount of questions on how to make it from my previous videos, and I certainly see a decent amount of questions here on the forums.

Total cost would be about 5-10 bucks, pending you dont have to get a big role of screening - anything will really do, this is just what i had leftover from misc chameleon projects.

Feel free to use the video in any way you would like, again, my hopes is to provide resources to those that learn better from videos!

Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the vid man... I just made my first one yesterday... But one thing tripped me out... I have that same ACID Cigar Box I use to keep crap in, have had it for years... My mom used to do crafty stuff out of Cigar Boxes and she just gave that one to me... I have never seen another one besides that one... Crazy!

Thanks for the vid man... I just made my first one yesterday... But one thing tripped me out... I have that same ACID Cigar Box I use to keep crap in, have had it for years... My mom used to do crafty stuff out of Cigar Boxes and she just gave that one to me... I have never seen another one besides that one... Crazy!

Best part is the cigar place i went to had a slew of em - he sold it to me for 1 penny since i came in on my bike :)

So I thought you said in the video that the crickets can climb the sides of the milk container. Maybe you meant they will climb the screen. Is the plastic slick enough so that they cant climb out?

like the idea i'd personally cut the top half of the milk bottle off though. Not much need for it and looks rather unattractive, surely you only need the bottom part?

So I thought you said in the video that the crickets can climb the sides of the milk container. Maybe you meant they will climb the screen. Is the plastic slick enough so that they cant climb out?

Sorry if i was not more clear, yes the screen is for the crickets to climb up on, and the plastic is too slick for them to walk on, so you leave a gap inbetween the screen and the edge of the plastic so if they try to climb they just fall down.

like the idea i'd personally cut the top half of the milk bottle off though. Not much need for it and looks rather unattractive, surely you only need the bottom part?

I suppose you could try? I dont see any reason why not, just make sure you leave a large enough gap from the top of the screening to the top you cut off.

Crickets usually just walk unless startled and I gues a flying toungue coming in at the speed of light just might startle a cricket.

lol i find it amazing how easily my cham catches cricketes compared to my leo's he's sooo fast

Back
Top Bottom