DIY feeder run cup, lateralis feeding

MikeyBen

Established Member
Repurposed some plastic water bottles to make a diy feeder run cup. Didn't take long for my lateralis to feed from. Credit to the Chameleon academy video: how to build a feeder run cup. Short video below, hopefully with music.

Unfortunately the video format won't upload. Here's an image instead.
16931401557946475114628589971910.jpg
16931401557946475114628589971910.jpg

Works perfect 👌🏻
If you could place some protective strip, you’re playing it also safe. Those edges are pretty sharp for their sensitive tongue and when they shoot in an angle the tongue scrapes against it while contracting.

Actually I sanded the edges and then clear taped it. Was an experiment. Will be making some Bice cups soon with 3D printing.
Perfect! Just wanted to say it, better safe than sorry and luckily you already thought about it.
Those feeder runs work perfect, almost every cham I own eats from from it, while cup feeding is another story.

Perfect! Just wanted to say it, better safe than sorry and luckily you already thought about it.
Those feeder runs work perfect, almost every cham I own eats from from it, while cup feeding is another story.
Have you had any success with a cup. Was thinking using for bsf larvae.

Have you had any success with a cup. Was thinking using for bsf larvae.
Also got success with a cup, but not with all my chams. Feeder run is 100% success. Some do take time for a cup, others eat from it directly and some refuse. The K. Boehmei is the worst, he only eats free range.

Also got success with a cup, but not with all my chams. Feeder run is 100% success. Some do take time for a cup, others eat from it directly and some refuse. The K. Boehmei is the worst, he only eats free range.
I like to free range unless I need to monitor how much is being eaten. Such as in the case of a baby.

Did you get a 3D printer? I am looking for someone to make some for my pet store
My husband and I have 3. We print lots of things for local plant shops (we have a small plant business that we run on the side). We would be interested in collaborating with you if you are looking!

Back
Top Bottom