Decided to get a misting system/which is best?

Tucklander

Avid Member
please let me know what’s the most durable and best to buy...currently garden sprayer misting three times daily two heavy for 3 minute and one my daughter does, unsupervised, but she uses a smaller garden pump mister and mists until empty. Ready to automate this process...

Urates have all looked good but my hours pic up heavily in the fall and winter so need to get this automatic...

Hands down best bang for your buck.
0370C296-C007-48EB-9822-FAFA2E7354CB.png

I've tried both the Monsoon and Mistking systems...mistking hands down. I have one pump connected to 9 nozzles, works like a champ, love their LCD seconds timer.

So it’s the little things in life...I ordered my Mistking...you buggers better be on hand to help me work this out when I’m setting up. I’m laughing because it’s like I just ordered a new gaming system. Guess I’m a reptile dork now :ROFLMAO: Super excited to get this for Harry and get it installed:)...Thanks for the recommendations!

So it’s the little things in life...I ordered my Mistking...you buggers better be on hand to help me work this out when I’m setting up. I’m laughing because it’s like I just ordered a new gaming system. Guess I’m a reptile dork now :ROFLMAO: Super excited to get this for Harry and get it installed:)...Thanks for the recommendations!

Haha...it happens. It's pretty easy to setup, the hardest part is setting up the reservoir, you'll need to drill an appropriate sized hole and make sure it's sealed tight. After that, it's just running the hose to you nozzles etc.

Drill exactly the size hole in exactly the size and type of bucket the instructions recommend. Have silicone sealer on hand or an extra bucket should that not work the first time. Use the cutting tool they recommend for cutting your hoses or leave a little slack to allow for extra cuts.
Once it's in you are going to love it.

Stop! Do yourself a favor, set this up the right way the first time! You are investing a decent chunk of change in your misting system, might as well get all you can out of it. Trust me, refilling reservoirs and emptying drainage pans get old fast!

If you are interested I can send you my plans for a self refilling and self draining custom H2O management system that you can build and install for about $50.

Stop! Do yourself a favor, set this up the right way the first time! You are investing a decent chunk of change in your misting system, might as well get all you can out of it. Trust me, refilling reservoirs and emptying drainage pans get old fast!

If you are interested I can send you my plans for a self refilling and self draining custom H2O management system that you can build and install for about $50.

Is this a design/ do you have this in place? Very interested in a tried and true way to manage this. Also you’ll trip over this but my Chams never had tap water, and I don’t plan to change that, as we don’t drink tap water , it smells like bleach in Charlotte...is that a problem...we let our dogs drink tap, but I figured the Cham was too fragile?

Thanks to each of you for your individual advice and recommendations. I’ll hound you all again when the system arrives:)

Kindly,

Bobby

I would love to see this, please.

Also even being on a well with a fairly large filtration system I still run a RODI system for my twos misting system.

I would love to see this, please.

Also even being on a well with a fairly large filtration system I still run a RODI system for my twos misting system.
All of these parts are readily available at Home Depot. I bought the resovior from the pet section of Walmart, it was sold as a large dog food storage bin and was the most expensive part. I suggest getting a clear resovior so you can keep an eye on the function of the valve and water level/clarity. My resovior is about 12”Wx12”Dx18”T. Just make sure your resovior is tall enough to house the toilet valve.

All your doing is splicing a T into your existing waterline and running a new one to where ever your resovior will be. Install the toilet valve in your resovior and connect it to the line you just ran. You will need to have the resovior blocked up off the floor a few inches so you have clearance for your hose an fittings plus your resovior has to be above your pump anyway.

From here follow the instructions from Mistking to install that. Once the pump is installed put the shower drain in the base of your enclosure and run the drainage line so it empties under your house or tie it straight into your home’s plumbing drains.

Your resovior now works just like your toilet. As the mistking pulls water from the resovior the toilet valve will be triggered and automatically refill the resovior. It takes a while for the mistking to pull enough water to trigger the valve, I’d say that with my current misting schedule the valve is triggered once a day max...
24798F07-E75B-4129-8DCE-D5D968515EEA.jpeg

I have been wanting to convert my reservoir with an auto fill feature. I already have my drain pans plumbed to drain the waste water, but I'd LOVE it if my misting system was FULLY automated. I'd like to see your plans. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom