Decided to get a misting system/which is best?

I have been wanting to convert my reservoir with an auto fill feature. I already have my drain pans plumbed to drain the waste water, but I'd LOVE it if my misting system was FULLY automated. I'd like to see your plans. Thanks.
I posted them above, if you are just somewhat handy you can do this upgrade in about 4hrs. And that’s if your really taking your time to make sure it looks good as you go...

All of these parts are readily available at Home Depot. I bought the resovior from the pet section of Walmart, it was sold as a large dog food storage bin and was the most expensive part. I suggest getting a clear resovior so you can keep an eye on the function of the valve and water level/clarity. My resovior is about 12”Wx12”Dx18”T. Just make sure your resovior is tall enough to house the toilet valve.

All your doing is splicing a T into your existing waterline and running a new one to where ever your resovior will be. Install the toilet valve in your resovior and connect it to the line you just ran. You will need to have the resovior blocked up off the floor a few inches so you have clearance for your hose an fittings plus your resovior has to be above your pump anyway.

From here follow the instructions from Mistking to install that. Once the pump is installed put the shower drain in the base of your enclosure and run the drainage line so it empties under your house or tie it straight into your home’s plumbing drains.

Your resovior now works just like your toilet. As the mistking pulls water from the resovior the toilet valve will be triggered and automatically refill the resovior. It takes a while for the mistking to pull enough water to trigger the valve, I’d say that with my current misting schedule the valve is triggered once a day max...View attachment 211527
That’s really cool @Brodybreaux25 ...dang your really smart man!

Thanks for the drawing. I run something a little similar. So my two cages are on the first floor, along with my reef tank. All are above the unfinished areas of the basement. On one side of the house it the reef tank and directly below is is my RODI system. It has a has an Auto-shutoff valve. I grabbed a 2nd water storage container, a white 20gallon Brute container fro Tractor Supply. I installed a float switch (once engaged it stops the flow from the RODI) and ran a new 1/4" line from the RODI system to the other side of the house to the new storage container. I put valves on both of the lines (cham and reef) so the RODI does not keep going on/off and get membrane creep. SO this is the first week since adding this and I'm looking at it so far that I could go about 2 weeks before filling the 20g up again, which would be just a twist of a valve. I don't have the drainage from the enclosures going to anything except for a bucket. I'm looking to see what I can do for that.

That’s really cool @Brodybreaux25 ...dang your really smart man!
Thank you but I’m not that smart... the first time I attempted this I only did the refilling resovior half of the system. I was still using a 20gal tub to collect the drainage. Well one day the pump got stuck in the on position because I was not using the Mistking controller. So it ran for about 9 hrs straight, couldn’t tell you how many gallons of water got pumped straight into my living room! Had to rip out Sheetrock, treat for mold, and replace floors, very expensive mistake.

A smart man would have realized that the automatic drainage side of the system is just as important as the automatic refill side of the system before it cost him $1300!

So yea, learn from my mistake, DO NOT install the refill system without installing the drainage side at the same time. At some point it will cost you!

Thank you but I’m not that smart... the first time I attempted this I only did the refilling resovior half of the system. I was still using a 20gal tub to collect the drainage. Well one day the pump got stuck in the on position because I was not using the Mistking controller. So it ran for about 9 hrs straight, couldn’t tell you how many gallons of water got pumped straight into my living room! Had to rip out Sheetrock, treat for mold, and replace floors, very expensive mistake.

A smart man would have realized that the automatic drainage side of the system is just as important as the automatic refill side of the system before it cost him $1300!

So yea, learn from my mistake, DO NOT install the refill system without installing the drainage side at the same time. At some point it will cost you!

Einstein quotes many times about the brilliance of making mistakes and learning from them...your FINAL design is SMART (y)

Back
Top Bottom