Day Gecko Video

Kent67

Retired Moderator
Still trying to tame him. I've definitely had him on my arm longer than this but someone was getting nervous about him jumping off and running up the wall. :) Hope you like, Syn.

[YOUTUBE]iMFNz9AtyXc[/YOUTUBE]

He is getting so big! Aww. :D Very persuaded with food, I see. :p Keep letting him get on your for a couple seconds at a time and eventually start trying to do it without food. :)

"It's antennae are still moving that's gross".. LOL

Hey, thanks everybody! Martin's only about 8 months old so I'll definitely keep working at the taming. Whether it works or not, it'll be exciting because of that speed!

There is a great article in this months reptiles mag on gold dust day geckos. You ought to check it out they have some outstanding pics. It made me want to try to get a pair. lol Is that an exo terra you keep yours in? I think if i got one i'd have to do screen on one side and the top.

Hey, thanks for the heads up on the article. Is that the same issue with the Jackson's article? I like all the Phelsuma but I figured the largest species would be the easiest to catch if escaped so that's what I picked first. Yes, it's an Exo-Terra but my original plan was to use it as a "baby" cage and move him into a full screen one eventually. The Exo seems to be working out so well that I'm considering not ever changing it unless he ends up looking uncomfortable in it, though.

Hey, thanks for the heads up on the article. Is that the same issue with the Jackson's article? I like all the Phelsuma but I figured the largest species would be the easiest to catch if escaped so that's what I picked first. Yes, it's an Exo-Terra but my original plan was to use it as a "baby" cage and move him into a full screen one eventually. The Exo seems to be working out so well that I'm considering not ever changing it unless he ends up looking uncomfortable in it, though.

I was considering picking one of these guys up as well. Yours is spectacular.
I still have a spare 18 cubed exo terra. I wonder if this would be big enough for an adult.
What size is yours?

Mine is the 24 inch tall by 18 inch base and I think there's a decent chance I'll find it too small once the gecko is full size. Maybe one of the other species besides grandis for the 18 inch tall one? I think the others stay in the 6 or so inch range?

The grandis are so cool looking though. I suppose I could do a similar plan as yours and just use it for a baby cage then upgrade to a nice roomy screen cage. Not like they are expensive or anything.

Thanks for the answers. I've been debating one of these guys or a crested, but I love the look of the phelsuma in general.

Back
Top Bottom