Pedro update

Mad Dog Murphy

Established Member
IMG_9919.jpeg
Hi all, hope everyone is well, wet and windy here in Brittany,France and still chilly but showing signs of spring, Pedro just finished his 3rd shed since I’ve had him and seems to have settled in well, opened the door to feed him this morning and he climbed onto my hand and then up my arm which took me by surprise but made my day 😁

He’s cricket consumption has slowed in the last couple weeks , I did buy the next size up last time so maybe that’s why
You are probably right on that point. If he is comfortable walking around on your shoulder like that that it good. They try to climb onto your head to be at the highest point. I would advise against letting that be acceptable. My first one broke the cartilage in my ear doing that. Wasn’t his fault, but a fire engine blowing their horn right at that moment that the back foot grabbed my ear caused him to clamp down so hard he crushed it. That back foot clasp is very powerful when needed. Also on your head they try to grab at things as you pass. So in a walk outside in a second he could be scurrying up a tree before you have time to react. Or the horror of a bird grabbing em off your head. I always keep a hand on mine when outside for the above reasons. Your little guy has learned trust and is very curious. He is honoring you. You are doing something right my friend. Now you have to learn what his color changes mean. That’s his language. With mine polka dots mean totally focused and on guard. Black polka dots mean he is pissed off! lol with you boy it mnay mean something else entirely. Didn’t know you would be learning chameleon communication when you started this journey did you. Enjoy your boy!

You are probably right on that point. If he is comfortable walking around on your shoulder like that that it good. They try to climb onto your head to be at the highest point. I would advise against letting that be acceptable. My first one broke the cartilage in my ear doing that. Wasn’t his fault, but a fire engine blowing their horn right at that moment that the back foot grabbed my ear caused him to clamp down so hard he crushed it. That back foot clasp is very powerful when needed. Also on your head they try to grab at things as you pass. So in a walk outside in a second he could be scurrying up a tree before you have time to react. Or the horror of a bird grabbing em off your head. I always keep a hand on mine when outside for the above reasons. Your little guy has learned trust and is very curious. He is honoring you. You are doing something right my friend. Now you have to learn what his color changes mean. That’s his language. With mine polka dots mean totally focused and on guard. Black polka dots mean he is pissed off! lol with you boy it mnay mean something else entirely. Didn’t know you would be learning chameleon communication when you started this journey did you. Enjoy your boy!
Thank you for the kind message and sorry about your ear, who knew the grip would be so strong! Makes sense though as I see him hanging from back legs,, makes me chuckle, I will go back to size 3 crickets , still comes running for his mealworm treat though 😆

Back
Top Bottom