cricket size

billford

is there any danger to feeding large crickets to a small cham?i figure that if he can get it in his mouth to eat ,thats good enough.

The general rule for feeders is not any bigger than the space between the chameleon's eyes. It could cause impaction if they eat food that is too big for them. You can go larger on soft bodied worms like silkworms or hornworms though.

How old is your cham? youll have to make sure the crickets arent too too big or he/she will have a hard time getting it down regardless if it can fit in its mouth. you also have to make sure to have them removed or contained at night as they might think of your chameleon as a food item and leave nast cuts if he is too small.

ok thanks for the good info.the crickets are smaller than the "between the eyes"rule.and i thank you for reminding about vicious crickets.i had them attack lizards before.

One other thing is that really small chams may be intimidated by larger crickets and won't hunt them and may even become stressed by them.

Back
Top Bottom