How much should he eat?

lurker9090

It feels like my ambilobe panther has an infinite stomach. He is 4 months, small boy, but can eat non stop. Yesterday he ate 15 small /medium crickets and 5 SFL.
When i worked at a petstore the BIG beardies would eat like 20-25 (large) crickets.

How much should I expect him to eat?

Your baby is growing he is going to eat a lot. Keep doing what you are doing. For my juvenile I put 15-20 crickets in his enclosure daily as well as about 20 BSFL and the occasional bsf or wax moth. For me, I would rather them eat their fill knowing they are growing than to not have enough, I do end up throwing away a decent amount of bugs each night but I would rather that and know they got what they needed.

You can expect him to easily take down 2-3 dozen small feeders a day. Normally they start to curb back around 9-10 months old on their own.

Oh man - I am realizing we are not feeding our guy enough. Wish it were easier to find a variety of feeders for FL. I finally found some hornworms but I only give him one a day and by day 3 or 4 the worms are too big for him. (can’t wait for the neighborhood Facebook post wondering why there’s an influx of hummingbird moths in our hood, lol).

Oh man - I am realizing we are not feeding our guy enough. Wish it were easier to find a variety of feeders for FL. I finally found some hornworms but I only give him one a day and by day 3 or 4 the worms are too big for him. (can’t wait for the neighborhood Facebook post wondering why there’s an influx of hummingbird moths in our hood, lol).
I order most of my bugs from dubia.com. I know in FL you cant have dubia roaches but you can also get wax worms (treats), super worms (treats) and bsfl on there too. I get my crickets from Josh's Frogs and you can order silk worms from costal silks or Frams Chams.

I order most of my bugs from dubia.com. I know in FL you cant have dubia roaches but you can also get wax worms (treats), super worms (treats) and bsfl on there too. I get my crickets from Josh's Frogs and you can order silk worms from costal silks or Frams Chams.
I am not diggin online ordering. Placed a big order of crickets and a couple other things and they were pretty much dead the day after they arrived. Total waste of $50. But I’ll have to try another place maybe as I would like a variety and I’ve been unsuccessful in finding variety locally. He loves BSFL but everywhere I’ve found them here - they don’t look that active.
Will keep trying to find a good ordering option for my location. 😊 Thanks for the recommendations.

I am not diggin online ordering. Placed a big order of crickets and a couple other things and they were pretty much dead the day after they arrived. Total waste of $50. But I’ll have to try another place maybe as I would like a variety and I’ve been unsuccessful in finding variety locally. He loves BSFL but everywhere I’ve found them here - they don’t look that active.
Will keep trying to find a good ordering option for my location. 😊 Thanks for the recommendations.
I order crickets from rainbow mealworms. Keep in mind anything you order if USPS you want to make sure you choose that it is held at the post office rather than deliver. This is really important because temps in delivery trucks are too hot for them and they all die off. I only use UPS and Fedex option if I am doing an overnight delivery due to the same issue.

Back
Top Bottom