Dwarf Fishers chameleon

Would be interested to hear more about your setup. There are many dangers to free-range from stepping on them to elect outlets. My GH is is a lean to against my 12x18 shed with on real wall between them [just studs]. The shed acts as a heat sync and there's a 6"stepup from the GH to shed. I have an oversized mini split unit [24k btu] to heat/cool and so far it keeps temps at 64 degrees [i can adjust up if needed] but the GH is heating to 75-80 degrees so far from the sun. I have a 130-gallon pond on the other end of Greenhouse i doubt he could fall in but it's possible.

Attachments

• 20231124_183332.jpg
    20231124_183332.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 28
Would be interested to hear more about your setup. There are many dangers to free-range from stepping on them to elect outlets. My GH is is a lean to against my 12x18 shed with on real wall between them [just studs]. The shed acts as a heat sync and there's a 6"stepup from the GH to shed. I have an oversized mini split unit [24k btu] to heat/cool and so far it keeps temps at 64 degrees [i can adjust up if needed] but the GH is heating to 75-80 degrees so far from the sun. I have a 130-gallon pond on the other end of Greenhouse i doubt he could fall in but it's possible.
Good point! He lives in our basement / office. Where only low traffic is and my wife and I, are constantly alert and checking the floor when doing something in there. Temps at night are 60-65 and basking is 78. Room temp during the day 70-72. He basks uvb 1 a 2 times a day for 1-2 hours. Misting in the morning 2’ and evening 3’.

This is his playground but he uses the whole room, including desk and power cords

IMG_9467.jpeg

I have a 130-gallon pond on the other end of Greenhouse i doubt he could fall in but it's possible.
That one I would find tricky! The question isn’t if, because it will happen, but how he reacts and if he can swim and can get out of it on his own.

Couldn't find the little rat today, but after a long search spotted him. Guess the top leaf wasn't high enough for him. You're right Sonny they like to move around.
I'm jumping the gun here but if i do end up breeding forum members would be welcome to them.
Are you located in the U.S.?

Can't find a good pic that shows both sides of GH. The pond is pretty far away from the plants where he hangs out. As clumsy as they look i haven't seen him fall yet, their very cautious.

Attachments

• 20231114_152732.jpg
    20231114_152732.jpg
    551.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 20231114_152707.jpg
    20231114_152707.jpg
    498 KB · Views: 29
Can't find a good pic that shows both sides of GH. The pond is pretty far away from the plants where he hangs out. As clumsy as they look i haven't seen him fall yet, their very cautious.
Remeber they need uvb light and it doesn´t trvael through glass. Have your read on their supplemenation? calcium without phosphor or d3 in every feeding. calcium with d3 oncea a month, vitamins and minarals once a month, vitamin a a litle bit once a month or less. Its good to read on gutloading. Sandra chameleons blog here is good on that.

Remeber they need uvb light and it doesn´t trvael through glass. Have your read on their supplemenation? calcium without phosphor or d3 in every feeding. calcium with d3 oncea a month, vitamins and minarals once a month, vitamin a a litle bit once a month or less. Its good to read on gutloading. Sandra chameleons blog here is good on that.
Thanks for the info. UVB might be an issue. It's hard to get a light where he stays and not sure if he would seek it out. He's small and eating fruit fly's right now i'll have to read up on how to use supplements on them.

Sonny what is the plant on the right? It looks like some sort of philodendron vine with great variegation. Is it growing on a wood stake?

They had a smaller female at the booth for the same price [$60]. I'm kicking myself for not getting her also. I don't know the name of the vendor [weird they had no signs up like most vendors]. Guess i'l have to wait to the next show [think there's one in March] to add to my collection. Probably for the best as i have to learn how to best care for these guys.
That’s one thing you will learn…they may not come back in again for months…so you need to get pairs when the opportunity presents itself. If you wait the one you have may pass on from old age before you get it a mate.

That’s one thing you will learn…they may not come back in again for months…so you need to get pairs when the opportunity presents itself. If you wait the one you have may pass on from old age before you get it a mate.
Poor decision making on my part. I had a feeling i should have got both at the time but i was worried they might not get along or the female would be stressed. What's worse i don't know who the vendor was. There were no signs and i was going to ask the seller but it was very busy and i forgot. My biggest issue so far has been finding him to feed him. The fruit fly's disappear into the plants pretty quick.

As said, they’re pretty smart and will know quickly where to find his food. Maybe placing at a general spot a feeder run. Maybe even place a branch towards the feeder run.
He seems to have make his home in a hanging basket pathos. I'll try to set up a feeding cup near that although he seems pretty adapt at picking them off the leaves.

Haven't had a cham for a few years [rip Dudley] went to a Reptile Expo on Long Island nd bought a Dwarf Fishers cham. Doing some research i see them listed under various names, Kinyongia boehmei, Kinyongia tavetanum and a few others. Not sure which one i have, It's very small about 3" body, a bit thin with the large bump on nose. I'll take pics if needed. The vendor said it was almost full grown. The vendor said to feed fruit flys, I'm hoping he also takes mealworms or pinhead crickets. Any feeding advice appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Any chance you recall the vendors name? I have been on the hunt for a male to hopefully pair with my girls! @jpm995

Thanks for the info. UVB might be an issue. It's hard to get a light where he stays and not sure if he would seek it out. He's small and eating fruit fly's right now i'll have to read up on how to use supplements on them.

I supplement mine with mv 1x per month and d3 1x per month. Otherwise they get calcium with most feedings (unless they are already high in cal)

I would be interested in one if you get babies as well! I have a panther an indoor forest for winter and he has an outdoor (enclosed forest for summer time). I have room for another area and love the smaller Chameleon’s!

Also, I am guessing he would eat Buffalo beetles and the larvae which are lesser meal worms. They propagate very easily and I am SO many right now I would be happy to send you some to try just for shipping. I feed organic only…. I got them to keep the Dubia colony clean but they beeed like crazy and eat the Dubai’s food so I need to thin them out.. they are too small for my panther to eat. Also, he will probably eat small hornworms, small silkworms, etc..

What region are they from?

Back
Top Bottom