Cricket and Mealworm Breeding

I breed crickets and super worms, it took me awhile to get the knack of the crickets and through trial and error got it down. Not over crowding, proper ventilation and very very moist organic soil for the nesting box with temps between 87 and 92 has worked well for me. Super worms are easy but it takes awhile.

Yeah, I breed mealworms, easy, just need patience, just got into the crickets, but not planning on high temps..Trying 76 degrees atm....

Yeah, I breed mealworms, easy, just need patience, just got into the crickets, but not planning on high temps..Trying 76 degrees atm....

I house my crickets to feed at those temps and put an egg laying bin in there, then I put the soil in a separate container and put it in one of those hovabator styrofoam incubators ( I got at LLL for like 40 bucks ) and keep the temps on that at like 90, I also will pull out females with egg laying Tupperware and stick them in another container in the incubator. One thing that helped a lot was lining the bottom with paper towel to avoid the baby crickets drowning in the condensation. Good luck with your project :)

So...am I the only one who thought "Gawd, I hope you can't get them to breed! A half cricket, half superworm would be evil!"?

Back
Top Bottom