concerned

bleudolphin

My husband built a cage for my veiled and my panther. Each cage is 30" wide x 30" deep x 5 1/2 ' tall. There is a divider separating the cages. I moved my panther into her new cage about 10 days ago and she is not eating much now. She was eating about 10-15 large crickets a day. I had her eating out of a container. I have been getting her to eat 2-3 waxworms until today now she is not interested. She is still drinking. My temps are in her basking area it is 85-87 and in the middle it is 72-75. All my plants are live. I have already lost my jackson. He stopped eating after we go him. I have been trying to find a local place to get silkworms but am not having any luck. She is spending alot of time on the screen at the top of her cage. Is it possible that she is cold? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• new cage.jpg
    new cage.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 137
  • sophie.jpg
    sophie.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 195
I would raise the basking temp to about 90-95f, this could help, but your temps seem ok. Just don't let the temp get below 85f. Also remember that if this is a new home for them it will take them time to adjust. Usually when I transfer mine into their larger cage they take a week or so to adjust. During this period they will not eat as much and tend to climb on the top of their cage. She may still be adjusting. 10-15 Large crickets a day is a lot for a chameleon. I feed mine each 5-6 a day, and that is perfect for them to maintain a healthy weight. As long as she is still eating a little food and drinking she will be fine. You could try not feeding her a day or two and then giving her crickets. This usually gets them to eat again.

Back
Top Bottom