Colors they HATE

Shanar808

Avid Member
I was wondering if anyone had noticed if their chameleon had a certain dislike for a color? I’m making a tree for my Jackson and I worry she will hate it if I use a bright color for the foliage.

Oh my, ok so maybe I’ll have to introduce her to the color first by putting a little in or next to her enclosure and see what she does before I can attach to my project. I was going to do green but hubby wants purple lol. Thank you 😊

Oh my, ok so maybe I’ll have to introduce her to the color first by putting a little in or next to her enclosure and see what she does before I can attach to my project. I was going to do green but hubby wants purple lol. Thank you 😊
I mean I would stick to as natural as possible. But I have Veileds. They are more reactionary. And toddler like with the fact that everything goes in the mouth.

This is my project so far and my inspiration:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 81
  • 32962FB0-2E86-425B-B603-8738DE40B081.png
    32962FB0-2E86-425B-B603-8738DE40B081.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 89
Red... ok how about pink? My next project I wanted to replicate a cherry blossom tree but the flowers have a lite pink to reddish gradient.

My jackson's chameleon seems to dislike my black shirts. Or at least he used to. He doesn't seem to mind if I wear a salmon pink shirt though. So pink should be fine.

I think inanimate objects, such as your tree, should be fine in whatever color you choose. I think the color matters when it is on a living being since chameleons may be thinking that we are trying to communicate with them when, in actuality, we are just wearing a shirt.

Wouldn't the fact that they can see into the ultraviolet spectrum affect the other colors they see?
I've been looking for a "What we see"/"What chameleons see" side by side, but haven't found one yet.

We probably look weird enough, but when laundry products & other chemicals that may be in fabrics are factored in, they may be seeing some pretty strange stuff. 🤷‍♂️

Wouldn't the fact that they can see into the ultraviolet spectrum affect the other colors they see?
I've been looking for a "What we see"/"What chameleons see" side by side, but haven't found one yet.

We probably look weird enough, but when laundry products & other chemicals that may be in fabrics are factored in, they may be seeing some pretty strange stuff. 🤷‍♂️

I guess it’s time to invest in a black light 😜 seeing the glow to give us an idea of what they’re thinking would be an awesome experiment!

@Mendez said..."I think inanimate objects, such as your tree, should be fine in whatever color you choose. I think the color matters when it is on a living being since chameleons may be thinking that we are trying to communicate with them when, in actuality, we are just wearing a shirt".... Well said!

Back
Top Bottom