Colors they HATE

I have a bright red and black buffalo plaid sweater. The only time she has ever tried to hide is when I wear it. She sometimes even shows stripes if I have it on. I should mention that she is super chill for a veiled.
So her acting frightened isn't normal for her.
I now take it off before I feed or mess with her plants.

It took 3 separate occasions for me to clue in.
I have a bright royal blue hoodie with pink logo on the front.
She comes to the front of her enclosure pretty fast when I'm wearing that. So I assume she is atracted to the colour.
🤷‍♀️

I was wondering if anyone had noticed if their chameleon had a certain dislike for a color? I’m making a tree for my Jackson and I worry she will hate it if I use a bright color for the foliage.
My veiled seems to hate it when I wear bright sweatshirts, like my bright red school sweatshirt. Maybe she thinks I am an angry chameleon in her territory? Not sure. I seem to have more success with her when I wear white, gray, etc. Not saying it's necesarily related, I just know they are visual animals.

I had a thought. I wonder if they react to the colors that their predators are?
If they're captive bred, the only predators they're likely to know is us.

I think in some/many cases, they're reacting more toward how fast we're moving than what colors we may be. YMMV

If they're captive bred, the only predators they're likely to know is us.

I think in some/many cases, they're reacting more toward how fast we're moving than what colors we may be. YMMV

Predators here would consist of mainly cats and birds, which explains the blacks and reds. And definitely fast moving, I pulled my hand away too fast yesterday after putting her back in her enclosure and she did the fastest head turn ever, with those glaring eyes 😅

Mine HATES the color red (or reddish orange) she will start getting all skinny and leaning to the side (almost horizontal) or cower in a corner in the back of the enclosure if she sees someone wearing red.

Ok so purple tree👌mommy tested, chameleon approved (she came out on her own)🥳 thanks for your input everybody!

Attachments

• 3D35D69D-80B9-467E-A084-95F1AA8385E1.jpeg
    3D35D69D-80B9-467E-A084-95F1AA8385E1.jpeg
    285 KB · Views: 62
  • 4E020EB6-2EE2-441B-96E6-7640D63978B3.jpeg
    4E020EB6-2EE2-441B-96E6-7640D63978B3.jpeg
    264.5 KB · Views: 64
I know you made it, but are those real branches???
I picked them up at a mountain side botanical gardens so there wouldn’t be any pesticides (I was afraid the park security would stop me but they didn’t see me lol) and obviously I wouldn’t break them off of their trees I just harvested them from the trail. And I also have some flukers vines in there, the moss is hot glued on the branches.

Lol, I wasn't judging you, I was just curious!
Its beautiful. You did a really good job.
Thank you, I wanted a fake tree for Christmas but I ended up making my own for half the price and I like it twice as much! And it doesn’t take up any floor space (but takes up almost the whole wall) 🥰

Thank you, I wanted a fake tree for Christmas but I ended up making my own for half the price and I like it twice as much! And it doesn’t take up any floor space (but takes up almost the whole wall) 🥰
That's ok, who needs wall space? Lol. Your uv light looks so tiny compared to your tree. You're going to have up your uv game to compete with the tree. 😝

Lol true! I’ve got it where she heads to for potty, cuz I had just those vines up for a couple weeks, but that’s a great idea. If I get more lights I can let her out longer! Almost like I’m doing free range lol 😂

Lol true! I’ve got it where she heads to for potty, cuz I had just those vines up for a couple weeks, but that’s a great idea. If I get more lights I can let her out longer! Almost like I’m doing free range lol 😂
To tell you the truth my family thinks I’m crazy. I’ve been determined to get all these things set up for my chameleon and listening to the podcast and watching Gingero’s videos. They don’t understand at all and this forum has been the best place to talk to others that are cookoo about these chameleons like me. It’s really the only social media I do rn.

To tell you the truth my family thinks I’m crazy. I’ve been determined to get all these things set up for my chameleon and listening to the podcast and watching Gingero’s videos. They don’t understand at all and this forum has been the best place to talk to others that are cookoo about these chameleons like me. It’s really the only social media I do rn.
It is the only social media I have too! Hahaha. My family thinks I'm wasting my time, but I love the forums, and podcasts, and chameleon academy, and all the other ways I learn about chameleons!!! It isn't a waste to me, or to my chameleons. It's good for us to learn!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom