Colors in your cages?

MOJO

I have had a veiled cham for about month now, he has one single green plant is his cage since i got him. I wanted to add some color in the cage for him. would useing plastic or silk flower be ok? Also....do all veileds change color? i see all different colors of them! Its Awesome! :D

I wouldn't worry about adding color, as this will just be pleasing your visual appetite.

Chams in the wild have mostly green and look what colors they turn!

I havn't seen any science that would suggest that more color equals a more colorful cham, your better off looking into getting him adequate uvb, nutrition, and hydration if you want a healthy looking veiled!

I have had a veiled cham for about month now, he has one single green plant is his cage since i got him. I wanted to add some color in the cage for him. would useing plastic or silk flower be ok? Also....do all veileds change color? i see all different colors of them! Its Awesome! :D

You will see colors start to come in around 4-5 months.
Mostly stripes, and full coloration is around one year.
Some colors become more pronounced the older they get.
With my male veiled, his blues become brighter every month.
You can bet you male will be very dark during the day, and only is bright while sleeping.
Almost every veiled is like this though.
The only time my male gets any color is when he is mad or out of the cage.
He fires up two different colors:
Mad-Dark green, black spots with pale yellow stripes with black outlines.
Happy-Bright green with yellow stripes, lost of blues on his bottom half and blue dots.

100_0120.jpg

thats my old male at 9 months, not the most colorful, but i like them pastel colors like this, turquoise and light, i also like bright colors, but i def appreciate theses pale colors too!

Erm...you know they dont change colors based on their surroundings right? Its based on how they are feeling really.

Erm...you know they dont change colors based on their surroundings right? Its based on how they are feeling really.

I was waiting for someone to point this out.

Jake sees Fred in the tree on the patio and gives him an eye full.

Here is Jake letting my hand know.... I don't really know. He just had a hand humping phase. The vet said it might be him letting my hand know whose boss.

As you can see the emotions are coming through via color.

And the wives tale that a chameleon will die if places on a plaid pattern because it can't match the colors, isn't true.;)

I didnt mean to sound like jerk or anything,just making sure you knew that.
Ya,Louie humps my hand...

OK so other people have had their cham hump thier had?

He always seemed to do it when I had long sleaves on. He would grab on really tight and and hump.

Mojo they are right about the color not mattering to chams. Although it is nice for your and everyone elses eyes. That being said I would think the madagascar palms (dwarf palms) are visually appealling. Look in the plants data base to see what they look like.

Back
Top Bottom