Coloration and stress

Redeye

New to this, so let me know

From what I've read, the dark colors, mainly black and brown are primarily shown when the Chams are stressed. My two always get VERY dark when I take their cage out in the sun to let them bask. I live in the hills just 5m from the beach, so it's not too hot, and I only bring them out for hour~. I always give them a good misting when I first bring them out, then another when I take them back in.

Am I stressing my Chams? or are they just too young to change any other color?
Jacksonii's born 5/23

Well they will turn dark to bask too, it helps them to absorb more heat. I know the babies that I had would go dark outside as well....I would think it wouldnt be stressing them out to go in the sun and considering that your guy isnt even a month old.....Im not 100% sure of the stress colors of a jackson. My panther babies would puff out the gular when they where stressed....

careful, month old jacksons are really hard to keep. >.> unless you've raised them before you might not have any luck getting it past the 3-4 month mark.

the dark color for absorbing more heat is what we were thinking, just wanted to run it past everyone to make sure

Yeah, thats what I've been told. I have no experiance raising baby jacksons, but I've raised numerous other critters and have a great attention for monitoring, I think it comes from my maintenance of my Coral growing system...alot more to balance with that

They get pretty constant daily monitoring (I work a weird schedule) and am checking their weight every few days on my gram scale
was concerned about the female, till yesterday when I saw her pigging out on crickets

Back
Top Bottom