Chameleon subreddit... is it for real?

To be the devil’s advocate, I offer the water cup in combo with misting in the morning and evening and a dripper, and I’ve never had any issues with dehydration. I also haven’t had any proof that my cham ever drinks from it tho lol, it’s mostly there to give her options. I do think the subreddit is the most depressing place and I’ve had several comments deleted for either recommending chameleon academy or chameleon forums. I usually use it to message new owners to come to both of those places for info lol

To be the devil’s advocate, I offer the water cup in combo with misting in the morning and evening and a dripper, and I’ve never had any issues with dehydration. I also haven’t had any proof that my cham ever drinks from it tho lol, it’s mostly there to give her options. I do think the subreddit is the most depressing place and I’ve had several comments deleted for either recommending chameleon academy or chameleon forums. I usually use it to message new owners to come to both of those places for info lol
But an actual GLASS though!? It just seems so tolling/meme but to new owners who dont know it could be all they know!

But an actual GLASS though!? It just seems so tolling/meme but to new owners who dont know it could be all they know!
lol I don’t use an actual glass, I’d be worried about her slipping in. It’s a shallow sous vied glass container (about 2x1 in)

It is for real. It's why I'm grateful we have such great admins and moderators on Chameleon Forums. They create the conditions that allow us to enjoy being members and contributing to the community.

A great example of how just because something is on the internet doesn't mean it's trustworthy.

You can all speak for yourselves. My chammy babies(which love me and are my children) deserve to be treated at human level standards. Do you all want to drink mist or lick leaves? Well how do you think it makes your cham feel? Mine get a cold glass of hibiscus flavored la croix and they are excited about it every day, they crawl all over the ceiling of their cage in excitement. After, they all take a nap in my hands.

where do you purchase the hibiscus flavored la croix? No wonder my chams wont drink from my cups i been doing it all wrong! Please please send link!

I too would like hibiscus flavored la croix!

I believe target had it??? They have cherry blossom too, but that one is disgusting.

I’m probably the only dude that comes in after a hard day of work and cracks open a cold la croix 🤷🏻‍♂️

Omfg its real!?!? Mind blown!

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    12.1 KB · Views: 30
here’s my post to someone asking about their chameleon, and then someone else’s response to mine. Notice how mine is downvoted x5 and theirs is upvoted x5…that place is so bass ackwards it is ridiculous.

Attachments

• CA538C5F-1B23-47AB-992C-607218907ADF.jpeg
    CA538C5F-1B23-47AB-992C-607218907ADF.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 51
here’s my post to someone asking about their chameleon, and then someone else’s response to mine. Notice how mine is downvoted x5 and theirs is upvoted x5…that place is so bass ackwards it is ridiculous.
Not disagreeing that they’re ridiculous, but in that one situation, I feel that user was being pretty reasonable. I wouldn’t say it’s better than a dripper, but they did say *if* a chameleon learns to drink from a glass or whatever it can be beneficial. Seems mostly a fair point.

Not disagreeing that they’re ridiculous, but in that one situation, I feel that user was being pretty reasonable. I wouldn’t say it’s better than a dripper, but they did say *if* a chameleon learns to drink from a glass or whatever it can be beneficial. Seems mostly a fair point.
I see your point, however, that doesn’t address the fact that it becomes a bacteria cesspool.

So many deleted comments everywhere lol. There was a post i seen earlier about a guy who asked why his chameleon was sick.. They asked his husbandry and he said i have been doing everything you told me to do the last year.. I just feel like the mods will never even admit they might be wrong in a couple places. Feel bad for the people seeking help.

Last edited:
They always say use a glass so the chameleon can drink as much as they want... Why can't they drink as much mist and dripper water as they want? Complete lack of logic. Also I would hate to see someone try their methods on a Parsons or more advanced species and see how wrong they really are.

Back
Top Bottom