Chameleon subreddit... is it for real?

I needed to post here because I posted on the Chameleon Subreddit and my inbox blew up with hate!

Everyone told me I was an idiot for not having any standing water (via a shot glass). My mist king was apparently a waste of money because misting doesn’t allow for drinking. I’m apparently neglectful because I only have one plant (my massive 5 foot Schefflera). A member even told me my lights were too bright and blinding with a mix of T5 and an Arcadia Jungle Dawn.

I almost went full panic and started examining my Salomon because I was worried I was suddenly doing everything wrong!

I needed to post here because I posted on the Chameleon Subreddit and my inbox blew up with hate!

Everyone told me I was an idiot for not having any standing water (via a shot glass). My mist king was apparently a waste of money because misting doesn’t allow for drinking. I’m apparently neglectful because I only have one plant (my massive 5 foot Schefflera). A member even told me my lights were too bright and blinding with a mix of T5 and an Arcadia Jungle Dawn.

I almost went full panic and started examining my Salomon because I was worried I was suddenly doing everything wrong!
EC62CB3B-6EFB-4503-8F35-797A9C047DC2.png

Absolutely 🤯.

I’ve never been on that site but hear nothing but bad things about it. Just like you stated, if you disagree they block you and if you try to educate them properly, you’re an idiot. Stay here, you’re doing a great job!!

I’ve never been on that site but hear nothing but bad things about it. Just like you stated, if you disagree they block you and if you try to educate them properly, you’re an idiot. Stay here, you’re doing a great job!!
I had no idea that shot glasses of water was a thing!

I had no idea that shot glasses of water was a thing!
I think some use that, it doesn’t make sense to me, most chameleons never go to the ground (except to lay eggs) they mainly live in trees so recognizing standing water in a puddle or glass doesn’t add up. Drinking off leaves from dew and drips yes makes sense.
It’s a big conflict in the chameleon world but I go with what makes sense myself.
But I am also a to each his own so if it works for them great. 😊

I think some use that, it doesn’t make sense to me, most chameleons never go to the ground (except to lay eggs) they mainly live in trees so recognizing standing water in a puddle or glass doesn’t add up. Drinking off leaves from dew and drips yes makes sense.
It’s a big conflict in the chameleon world but I go with what makes sense myself.
But I am also a to each his own so if it works for them great. 😊
Pet keeping is such a silly hobby sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom