Chameleon names. What's your chameleon's name?

Male juvenile Ambilobe Panther - Proteus.

I, too, love Greek names. Proteus was a Greek God of the sea, but he was known to foretell the future. He would shapeshift to avoid those seeking to know their future and would only tell them their future if they could catch him. Plus, I liked the name :rolleyes:.

IMG_1142.JPG New to the Chameleon World - have always wanted one - I'm retired Navy Senior Chief
So I recently purchased a Panther Ambilobe from FL Chams (Blue Bar - Fowler Bloodline). I named my little guy - "Master Chief Clyde" - As far as I can tell Chameleons primarily Eat, Poop, Sleep and have angry faces all the time Lol. Same as with Master Chiefs!
Clyde is the name of a small town near where I grew up in Western North Caroline - Seemed like a good fit for this little guy.

Will be receiving my Baby Male Panther Cham this coming week from Chameleon Paradise.

Name: "Panthro" (Thunder Cats) (Panther)

This boy, Proteus, arrives this Thursday :love: I can't wait! (this is two pictures of him, just seconds apart. We are in for a ride with these mood swings!)
FB_IMG_1503181629514_1503319125097.jpg

My little guy is named Laguna, I gave him that name because I'm a realtor in Laguna Beach. And just like all the custom homes, I thought hey chameleons are all "custom" too.

Attachments

• 20170816_140153.jpg
    20170816_140153.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 201
My veileds have all been named after the lizard race in the game series Final Fantasy, namely Final Fantasy XI.

Gulool Ja Ja
Mamool Ja
and now Vedool Ja.

The fullname of Vedool Ja in the series is Blacktattoo Vedool Ja

Hi everyone! I was just looking through this site and noticed the diversity of names. I have only ever seen a repeat in a name between two chameleons here, once. I am sure there may be more but I didn't look too hard. :p

My question is, what is your chameleon's name, what kind is it, and how did you come up with it?

My chameleon: I have a young jackson chameleon. His name is, Tricky. How I thought of that name, was by thinking the night before I ordered him from the breeder, about a good name for a jackson chameleon. Usually when I name my animals, I tend to make a portmanteau using two different words, typically with greek or latin words. So with a jackson chameleon, the most unique features I could think of, at least compared to most other chameleons, was that they're viviparous, and have three horns. I thought of the horns and how they reminded me of a triceratops. So I thought of something like Sarah but that's too feminine for a male in my opinion lol! Then I thought of Tri, in triceratops. My chameleon would have three horns, so maybe something with "Tri" in it. And then something in my head immediately clicked. A video game I played several years ago, called Star Fox Adventures, you had a young companion, a young talking triceratops, prince of the land. That character's name was, Tricky. That name just clicked in my head when I thought of Tri and I thought it was a cool and funny name for my chameleon. After putting my chameleon in his new enclosure for the first time, and watching him walk around, I decided right then officially, that his name is, Tricky.

So that's my story, named after a video game character…sort of haha! So what do you think? Good name for my little guy? Here's a picture, please post pictures of yours as well! This was the 2nd day he was in my care, only 3 months old.
Since I retired I binged watched Game of Thrones the first 5 seasons. I got a attached to
Tyrion so that's my panther name.LOL I think he'll make to the end of the 8th and final season LOL

My chams name is Norman. I had several others in mind, including Gollum, Sid (Vicious), Goblin...but my teen daughter rolled her eyes at all of them and said, can't you just name him something normal? So he became Norman.

My little guy is named Laguna, I gave him that name because I'm a realtor in Laguna Beach. And just like all the custom homes, I thought hey chameleons are all "custom" too.
What company did you get him from? Or was it a private breeder?

Hi everyone! I was just looking through this site and noticed the diversity of names. I have only ever seen a repeat in a name between two chameleons here, once. I am sure there may be more but I didn't look too hard. :p

My question is, what is your chameleon's name, what kind is it, and how did you come up with it?

My chameleon: I have a young jackson chameleon. His name is, Tricky. How I thought of that name, was by thinking the night before I ordered him from the breeder, about a good name for a jackson chameleon. Usually when I name my animals, I tend to make a portmanteau using two different words, typically with greek or latin words. So with a jackson chameleon, the most unique features I could think of, at least compared to most other chameleons, was that they're viviparous, and have three horns. I thought of the horns and how they reminded me of a triceratops. So I thought of something like Sarah but that's too feminine for a male in my opinion lol! Then I thought of Tri, in triceratops. My chameleon would have three horns, so maybe something with "Tri" in it. And then something in my head immediately clicked. A video game I played several years ago, called Star Fox Adventures, you had a young companion, a young talking triceratops, prince of the land. That character's name was, Tricky. That name just clicked in my head when I thought of Tri and I thought it was a cool and funny name for my chameleon. After putting my chameleon in his new enclosure for the first time, and watching him walk around, I decided right then officially, that his name is, Tricky.

So that's my story, named after a video game character…sort of haha! So what do you think? Good name for my little guy? Here's a picture, please post pictures of yours as well! This was the 2nd day he was in my care, only 3 months old.

Daisy was my first chameleon, a female veiled.
Chandler Bing is my male panther chameleon.

Back
Top Bottom