chameleon laid 1 egg

a lot, but no need to worry over that just yet, we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.

ask for an x-ray from above so you can also see her bone density
will do, going monday. is there something from the picture of her that looked off about her bones? or is that just precautionary

okay so i just got off the phone with the only reptile vet near me that is open today. after telling her what happened, the vet told me my cham was egg bound, and said she has already done 4 surgeries this month, telling me it had something to do with this “time of year”. a few red flags though, the vet said told me that this is pretty much normal every time a chameleon has to lay her clutch....uhhh, the vet then asked me what supplements i use for my cham, i told her i use the repashy plus Lod, she had no idea what that was. Instead, she recommended using reptical WITH vitamin D as well as offering her wax worms and meal worms as a diet option. then she told me i should also be catching various insects outside to offer her...that is where i hung up the phone. anyways, karma still seems perfectly fine, and does not appear physically to be egg bound....no bulges and she is actually much skinnier than she was before she laid her last clutch. there are no other reptile vets within 50 miles of me open on sunday, so i’m hoping to find a vet that knows what they are talking about by monday. any recommendations for a good vet in south florida?

okay so i just got off the phone with the only reptile vet near me that is open today. after telling her what happened, the vet told me my cham was egg bound, and said she has already done 4 surgeries this month, telling me it had something to do with this “time of year”. a few red flags though, the vet said told me that this is pretty much normal every time a chameleon has to lay her clutch....uhhh, the vet then asked me what supplements i use for my cham, i told her i use the repashy plus Lod, she had no idea what that was. Instead, she recommended using reptical WITH vitamin D as well as offering her wax worms and meal worms as a diet option. then she told me i should also be catching various insects outside to offer her...that is where i hung up the phone. anyways, karma still seems perfectly fine, and does not appear physically to be egg bound....no bulges and she is actually much skinnier than she was before she laid her last clutch. there are no other reptile vets within 50 miles of me open on sunday, so i’m hoping to find a vet that knows what they are talking about by monday. any recommendations for a good vet in south florida?

Where are you located in FL? There's allot of good vets here.

You just said south Florida...if you can be more specific then there might be one closer to you we could recommend.

Back
Top Bottom