Chameleon ESCAPED AND LOST! Help PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really expected to log on to the forums and see that you found him.

Feels bad man.

I completely agree with this statement!!

Get some updated pics, between walking the dogs, running some errands with my daughter and doing laundry i will scan the pics and find that freaken chameleon, make your room as bright as possible!!! and get some pics up:D

I completely agree with this statement!!

Get some updated pics, between walking the dogs, running some errands with my daughter and doing laundry i will scan the pics and find that freaken chameleon, make your room as bright as possible!!! and get some pics up:D

Thanks a lot. My moms camera is charging now. Once its charged just enough to get some pictures, ill take them.

Be prepared for a wheres Waldo. I will be so grateful if anyone can find him.

did you clean your room yet? like organize everything (stuff you wont ever use like that pc thats been off for 5 years, put all that crap in the garage)..the only reason i can free range is because i left LOTS of room, to the room (im suprized your girl doesent beat the crap outta you for that, LOL)..most of the time when ive lost my male (he goes into my closet if i leave and live the closet door open) and i find him on the towels everytime, but hidden on the back side (i think he likes that they are warm and moist)..as for your lil guy..hes gunna be eye level most likley, and near a window, if light is getting through..

did you clean your room yet? like organize everything (stuff you wont ever use like that pc thats been off for 5 years, put all that crap in the garage)..the only reason i can free range is because i left LOTS of room, to the room (im suprized your girl doesent beat the crap outta you for that, LOL)..most of the time when ive lost my male (he goes into my closet if i leave and live the closet door open) and i find him on the towels everytime, but hidden on the back side (i think he likes that they are warm and moist)..as for your lil guy..hes gunna be eye level most likley, and near a window, if light is getting through..
I have a pile of garbage outside of my room that is HUGE from cleaning. But with moving everything around and emptying my bookshelf, my room is starting to look like a wreck again. I have to clean up more.

And i'm looking at all eye level points frequently. Not saying you're wrong, just saying I unfortunately haven't found him there. :(

edit: as for moving the computer and stuff like that, very good idea. Im doing that now.

I did this once. I freaked out. My girl had somehow climbed down the stand she was on... Or fell, which seems more likely, continued across my floor and ended up in my closet. We found her climbing up a pair of jeans. Check ur closet, in-between the clothes. Is the space under your door large enough she could have crawled under.

I did this once. I freaked out. My girl had somehow climbed down the stand she was on... Or fell, which seems more likely, continued across my floor and ended up in my closet. We found her climbing up a pair of jeans. Check ur closet, in-between the clothes. Is the space under your door large enough she could have crawled under.

I think it is....

Cameras working now! Taking the pics now!

Okay, the pictures are uploading to my computer now.

edit: Im adding them to the album "The search for Niles"

Im getting the pics up slowly. There are already some if you want to get a head start.

Finding Niles?

I'm sure you've heard many ideas but we've had this problem A LOT. When ours grew too big we bought a tree for him to chill on and he used to escape and roam the ENTIRE house and we've freak out. Sometimes what we would do it just sit there, in complete silence, and listen. Takes some patience but sometimes you can hear them moving or making noise. Especially if he's hungry about now, he'll be on the move.

Although it's been a couple days, ALWAYS keep your doors closed to ensure you know he's in the room. I'm guessing you have no open vents or windows? Otherwise scour your room back and forth, inch-by-inch.

I'm sure you've heard many ideas but we've had this problem A LOT. When ours grew too big we bought a tree for him to chill on and he used to escape and roam the ENTIRE house and we've freak out. Sometimes what we would do it just sit there, in complete silence, and listen. Takes some patience but sometimes you can hear them moving or making noise. Especially if he's hungry about now, he'll be on the move.

Although it's been a couple days, ALWAYS keep your doors closed to ensure you know he's in the room. I'm guessing you have no open vents or windows? Otherwise scour your room back and forth, inch-by-inch.

I did that and thought I heard him. I heard a little scratching noise and it was just the stupid hornworms. Got my hopes up. And yeah, im keeping an eye out like crazy now since he's probably on the hunt for food and water.

Doors are staying closed for sure. No open vents or windows.

Okay, the pictures are uploading to my computer now.

edit: Im adding them to the album "The search for Niles"

Im getting the pics up slowly. There are already some if you want to get a head start.

Change his name to needle, because that is exactly what he is... a needle in a hay stack, Have you tipped up every dresser/ stand/ etc and looked beneath

also. I cant believe you still have VHS tapes, im always telling my usband i want a VHS player, i have to get all the good older flicks on DVD or BlueRay

EDIT: also anywhere you cant seem to get to or reach, or see well, run your hands all over, eventually you might get a hiss or bang from his head, or just perhaps feel him

not to be a wise guy (im not judging, i wouldnt dust that much stuff either) but maybe you could look at the dust on your stuff and see if you can find "chameleon tracks" ?

or poop for that matter..

kind of feel like if the cat had access he might be gone though..i feel pretty bad for you. wish i could come over and help, im usually really good at finding things.

seclude the room? I know it may sound stupid, but I'd start taking things out of the room until its almost empty.. may take you the majority of a day, but its the weekend.

"you get out there and you find that ****ing dog" haha, hilarious quote me and my buddies kept saying when his dog ran away in some huge ass park. just get in there and find this little dude. he's in there for sure and will probably be fine without food/water. Pet store chameleons last long as hell without proper water source, lack of supplements, and UV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDaB9wj1rIQ

Last edited:
not to be a wise guy (im not judging, i wouldnt dust that much stuff either) but maybe you could look at the dust on your stuff and see if you can find "chameleon tracks" ?

kind of feel like if the cat had access he might be gone though..i feel pretty bad for you. wish i could come over and help, im usually really good at finding things.

The dust idea is brilliant!!!

seclude the room? I know it may sound stupid, but I'd start taking things out of the room until its almost empty.. may take you the majority of a day, but its the weekend.

"you get out there and you find that ****ing dog" haha, hilarious quote me and my buddies kept saying when his dog ran away in some huge ass park. just get in there and find this little dude. he's in there for sure and will probably be fine without food/water. Pet store chameleons last long as hell without proper water source, lack of supplements, and UV.

Ok Happy :D

Change his name to needle, because that is exactly what he is... a needle in a hay stack, Have you tipped up every dresser/ stand/ etc and looked beneath

also. I cant believe you still have VHS tapes, im always telling my usband i want a VHS player, i have to get all the good older flicks on DVD or BlueRay

EDIT: also anywhere you cant seem to get to or reach, or see well, run your hands all over, eventually you might get a hiss or bang from his head, or just perhaps feel him
Lol, I will if I find him.....

Pretty much. Emptied out the bookshelf as you can see, looked underneath everything, etc...

The thing is, I find a way to reach everywhere in my room, which is a really good thing id say.

Thats good advice. I just checked and negative.

I think that too.... I was gone for most of the day after I noticed he was gone.... The door was closed, but still.

That actually might work. It will be hard, but im going to try.

ALL THE PICTURES ARE UPLOADED. If anyone wants to see them, heres the link.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/members/pilotman800-albums-search-niles.html

edit: That dog video is priceless.

edit2: This honestly is the longest non sticky thread I have ever seen. (Besides picture threads) Thank you guys so much. You really show that you care. This is why I love being here on chameleonforums.

have you tried checking INSIDe the sleeves of your jackets and shirts. Maybe he crawled up into one of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom