Chameleon escape

Charlie_

Hi,
My chameleon escaped out of his enclosure outside today. There is a big tree right next to his cage that he is always eyeing. I am thinking he climbed into it but it is so wide and tall that he is impossible to find through all the leaves. Are there any tips on how to find him or are there any areas he is likely to go to?
Thanks

Where are you located? Only asking because I’m wondering if the overnight temperatures will be warm enough.

Thank you so much for the help. I’m in the LA area. The weather app says there is a low of 54 for overnight.

The flashlight is a great idea.
Second: If you have a friend with a chameleon put in center of yard in cage or small tree. This will trigger the territorial or breeding instinct and if near by he will display. Also, watch the second chameleon for reactions too. They can find each other way better than we can. (y)
This happened to me in the late 90's (Camp Pendleton). Brought out my female and the male was 1/2 way up a eucalyptus tree (the big ones).
There he was flashing away. Extra info: I attached three 10' poles with tape. I was able to get him to crawl on to it. It was all a learning and lucky experience. Good luck! (y)

Last edited:
I don’t have any other chameleons near me but I have a giant light I can use to try and find him. Thank you for the idea though.

Update:
I found him today on the other side of my backyard. He is very skinny with sunken eyes but other than than he looks perfectly normal!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 39
Back
Top Bottom