Chameleon ESCAPED AND LOST! Help PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I cut off most of the light from the room, and I took out 3 of the 4 bulbs. I have the one bulb which is the only source of light above his free range, so lets hope for the best...

edit: The last time he had water was yesterday at around 11:30 or 12:00. How long can they last without water? 2 days?

So I cut off most of the light from the room, and I took out 3 of the 4 bulbs. I have the one bulb which is the only source of light above his free range, so lets hope for the best...

edit: The last time he had water was yesterday at around 11:30 or 12:00. How long can they last without water? 2 days?

=( dang. hope you find him soon!

Cleared out nearly my WHOLE ENTIRE bookshelf. He's not there. Im worried that he's in the dark closet that you saw in the video. The one where the light won't work. The search goes on.

have you tried just sitting still for a hour or so just watching? thats how i find my chams when they get loose.

What is the daytime temp in your room (not under a light)? If it's a lot cooler than his cage he's not going to be as active...and that also means he's not going to be looking for food either. If he happened to end up in a cool dark place he's not going to be "thinking" about moving somewhere better.

My free range melleri occasionally left their room and ended up in the bathroom. But, as the floor was ceramic tile it was usually pretty cool. The chams were often sitting dark and quiet behind the toilet because that's where they happened to be when their brain chilled down.

have you tried just sitting still for a hour or so just watching? thats how i find my chams when they get loose.

I haven't, ill do it though. Will it be too late tomrrow? Last time he had water was around 11:30 yesterday. If I find him I'm going to shower him ASAP.

What is the daytime temp in your room (not under a light)? If it's a lot cooler than his cage he's not going to be as active...and that also means he's not going to be looking for food either. If he happened to end up in a cool dark place he's not going to be "thinking" about moving somewhere better.

My free range melleri occasionally left their room and ended up in the bathroom. But, as the floor was ceramic tile it was usually pretty cool. The chams were often sitting dark and quiet behind the toilet because that's where they happened to be when their brain chilled down.

The daytime temp is around 76-80

FIND THAT LITTLE BUGGER!!!, i even checked this at work today and i was super busy, lol, the anticipation is giving me anxiety, lol..i am such a tool

its never to late and if you have been treating him as good as it sounds he will be just fine. if he is still in your room id sit there with sum food and drink in hand and spend the most of a day looking maybe from other angles. ive had chams missing out side in socal and found them. they are just such good hiders its almost easer to find them moving like they do there prey. you need to act like the chameleon and hunt him by ambush.

its never to late and if you have been treating him as good as it sounds he will be just fine. if he is still in your room id sit there with sum food and drink in hand and spend the most of a day looking maybe from other angles. ive had chams missing out side in socal and found them. they are just such good hiders its almost easer to find them moving like they do there prey. you need to act like the chameleon and hunt him by ambush.

yes perhaps go to a CVS (they have halloween stuff out) and get a bird beek and some feathers :D totally get in the mindset :D:D

So ive been searching for a day now. Still haven't found him. He hasn't had anything to eat or drink since 11:30 AM yesterday. (33 hours)

Im starting to think i'm not going to find him. :(

I've COMPLETELY emptied out the bookshelf you saw in my video. I've pulled EVERYTHING forward and looked behind. I've searched inside of my closet, and the other closet that was lit up in the video. I checked his free range. I looked around the desk area with my computer. I've looked where ALL the cables are. I don't know where else to look. I just want to wake up and have my little guy in his free range, but NONE of the food is even missing.... :(

I will keep looking. I'm determined to find him. I really hope I do.

my friend had theirs outside in a cage but left the door open (the cage was on a ping pong table) and surrounded by plants when i got their i found him trying his hardest not to get eaten by their dog and right next to a big ficus

Did the cat have access to your chameleon??? I wish you all the best and hope you find him. I hate to be a downer here, but my friends cat eats the lizards down here that are wild. I hope and pray that is not the case. But if he never turns up...well it could be a possibility. I am sorry for saying that but it its the truth.

I need help, PLEASE! I realized when I came home that I accidently left my little guys cage open! He's gone! My room is a MESS from when my brother was here, so I need tips on how and where to find my guy! Should I get a bunch of plants and leave them in there?! Please help!

o my gosh, i feel so sorry, well once my cham got away from her tree, she is free ranged, and guess were i found her? behind my bed trying to climb the metal poll! so well you should look for places that they could have climbed or places that they would try to climb....oh wait i just relized, thats about every object in ah house.....well i think you should put a plat, your little guy will probably try to climb it, or put a clear jar with crickets or worms, they will most likely go there to try and eat em

So ive been searching for a day now. Still haven't found him. He hasn't had anything to eat or drink since 11:30 AM yesterday. (33 hours)

Im starting to think i'm not going to find him. :(

I've COMPLETELY emptied out the bookshelf you saw in my video. I've pulled EVERYTHING forward and looked behind. I've searched inside of my closet, and the other closet that was lit up in the video. I checked his free range. I looked around the desk area with my computer. I've looked where ALL the cables are. I don't know where else to look. I just want to wake up and have my little guy in his free range, but NONE of the food is even missing.... :(

I will keep looking. I'm determined to find him. I really hope I do.
i don't want to be a party popper, but if its been more than about 3 days if he is a kid, i don't think he stands a chance, he could have gotten squashed or something, try to find him ASAP, i wish you the best!

Don't forget to check his cage...he may go back if you've got the lights on it.
Yeah i'm frequently checking in there. Right now I am looking around my room with a flashlight.
Did the cat have access to your chameleon??? I wish you all the best and hope you find him. I hate to be a downer here, but my friends cat eats the lizards down here that are wild. I hope and pray that is not the case. But if he never turns up...well it could be a possibility. I am sorry for saying that but it its the truth.
Nope, the cat didn't. I understand. I miss my little guy.
i don't want to be a party popper, but if its been more than about 3 days if he is a kid, i don't think he stands a chance, he could have gotten squashed or something, try to find him ASAP, i wish you the best!

Yeah, i'm doing everything possible. Setting up his favorite food, moving everything around, etc.

I think he will die tomorrow or day after if I don't find him.

there's a good chance you'll find him. you really should haver cleaned your room by now gone through everything. close off areas you've looked and look everywhere. than look again. he's SOMEWHERE so if you look hard enough you will find him. or, your cat ate him. thats a sad thought tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom