Chameleon ESCAPED AND LOST! Help PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey... just had an idea.. pull the drawers out of your dresser carefully... it looks like he may have been able to get into the dresser from behind by the chords..

Could that be him? Idk...I bet you would have seen him...but I just wanted to mention it.

Attachments

• user16913_pic12235_1316886776.jpg
    user16913_pic12235_1316886776.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 189
hey... just had an idea.. pull the drawers out of your dresser carefully... it looks like he may have been able to get into the dresser from behind by the chords..
Did that, but going to check again!
Could that be him? Idk...I bet you would have seen him...but I just wanted to mention it.

:eek: That REALLY looks like him! When I read this I ran to my room, and didn't see that there! It might be the piece of paper on the plant though, but idk!

edit: I don't think that was him. GREAT eye to see that, though.

try in those six pack containers.. also look for places he could have gotten stuck.. i have a few chams that will climb into a bowl or something and then cant get out..

have you tried just spending like an hour very still and wait for him to move around. its how i find the chams i loose. and yes they get away quite often but i have never lost one yet. it may have taken a few days but i find them.

This is like a daytime soap! All you need is a relative with brain cluster lol

All jokes aside have you tried running a dripper in the free range? Maybe seeing running water will draw his attention.

Being that young he may stay lower then expected.

EDIT : One time when my ambanja was little he was chilling in a tree and decided to climbed up the actual wall lol I looked everywhere but up :rolleyes:

check inside the guitar.. in your shoes that are randomly laying about.. in that gaming chair.. he is close... one thing you noted was loose crickets in your room!! good sign.. this may sound gross but let some of the hornworms loose and try to keep track of them. he is watching you im sure.

have you tried just spending like an hour very still and wait for him to move around. its how i find the chams i loose. and yes they get away quite often but i have never lost one yet. it may have taken a few days but i find them.
Yup. No sign of him. :\
This is like a daytime soap! All you need is a relative with brain cluster lol

All jokes aside have you tried running a dripper in the free range? Maybe seeing running water will draw his attention.

Being that young he may stay lower then expected.

I have not. I have misted it, but I should run a dripper. Ill do so.

Gotta rename him Waldo...I feel like this is a giant Where's Waldo game...but with a chameleon. And I think that might've been him on the pic above. When you browse through the other pix, there isn't a similar shape in that area. if that's the case, he may be using the free range, but he's being clever and hiding.

I would suggest get boxes and start boxing everything up, like you are going to move somewhere or something. Every time a box is filled, remove it from your room. Not only will it help organize your room a bit, bit that way, you know what you checked and where you confirmed he WASNT hiding.

As for the cat, I doubt he was caught. Usually cats will present their catches to their owners or leave the bones and carcass somewhere highly visible. Also, their fecal matter will change as their body digests the bones/meat. So unless you noticed a very dead chameleon body or odd smelling/looking cat poop, there is a greater chance of him being alive than not. Also, most chameleons will hiss at a cat and gape. Cats are, inherently, lazy creatures (esp. so with indoor house cats). If they think their prey will fight back, they usually let it go. They'd rather find easier prey than risk injury.

My concern, at this point wouldn't be the cat, but making sure he is hydrated and fed. You seem to be getting those fronts both covered rather well. May I suggest getting a humidifer for your room, too? It will make it a bit uncomfy for a few days until you find you, but it will great the right humidity for him. Plus, he may be drawn to the moisture given off by the humidifier. Just an idea.

did you check the guitar?? grrr man.. i have been trying to think like a little cham all day.. i really think he is stuck in something ya know.. like a cup or a shoe or something. look in small spaces.. the not obvious ones!

did you check the guitar?? grrr man.. i have been trying to think like a little cham all day.. i really think he is stuck in something ya know.. like a cup or a shoe or something. look in small spaces.. the not obvious ones!

I checked in the guitar, not the shoes though! Ill do that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom