Chameleon dying because of accidental drowning

yesterday morning the chameleon was in his side, and I really thought he was going to die, but when I came home he craped a lot and was sitting up again. He was still weak though because he was falling asleep the whole time. Today he is (almost) back to normal.

I think what helped was the honey we gave him with water and the warmth....thanks for all the help everybody!

xXXx

So glad to hear he is recovering!! Please keep him safe :)

yesterday morning the chameleon was in his side, and I really thought he was going to die, but when I came home he craped a lot and was sitting up again. He was still weak though because he was falling asleep the whole time. Today he is (almost) back to normal.

I think what helped was the honey we gave him with water and the warmth....thanks for all the help everybody!

xXXx

Great news! This was a scary thread to read.

What a great story. So glad you didn't give up on him. The CPR probably helped.

Do be sure to keep him warm. You may even want to keep the night time temps warm (low 70s) for a bit (to help ward off pneumonia). You can do this with a dark red night bulb.

for my chams, i get them used to being in shallow water from a young age, i put them in shallow water and "train them" to get used to the inflation of their stomach that allows them to float, Good luck with you cham, as for the water bowl, i would take that away and make a drainage system. Good luck i hope he/she makes it :) i would suggest keeping her near her basking spot in an area of about 83 degrees

Back
Top Bottom