Chameleon dying because of accidental drowning

Johanis

The plant that the chameleon sits in is in a bowl of water, stupid I know now, and he fell into the water. I don't know for how long he was in the water, it could have been minutes to hours. He is now just lying and making jerking movements for long periods at a time and he also opens his mouth from time to time like he wants to vomit, but can't. He is lying with his eyes closed the whole time.

Please help!!:(

Take him to the vet IMMEDIATLY...... He may have asperated some water. There might be something they can do!

I put large sponges in anything that collects water at the bottom of the cages. So they will with land on them or use them to climb out.

I tried the cpr thing this afternoon already...All I have done this whole time is I have kept him warm. That seemed to help. A few moments ago he pooped big amount with more water than usual. His color is now bright green which is good compared to his bleak dark color before. He is still very sleepy though. I will post a reply tomorrow as to if he made it. Thanks for everyone's contribution! xxx

I'm sorry, what an unfortunate accident :( Could he not climb out of the bowl? Because chameleons are actually pretty effective floaters and semi-decent swimmers.

yesterday morning the chameleon was in his side, and I really thought he was going to die, but when I came home he craped a lot and was sitting up again. He was still weak though because he was falling asleep the whole time. Today he is (almost) back to normal.

I think what helped was the honey we gave him with water and the warmth....thanks for all the help everybody!

xXXx

yesterday morning the chameleon was in his side, and I really thought he was going to die, but when I came home he craped a lot and was sitting up again. He was still weak though because he was falling asleep the whole time. Today he is (almost) back to normal.

I think what helped was the honey we gave him with water and the warmth....thanks for all the help everybody!

xXXx

Im glad hes doing better.
Now to prevent this from happeneing again, remove that water tray, or cover it with screen so he cant fall in again.
Can you post some pics of him please?

Back
Top Bottom