Help please

150w bulb is what I use for my beardie I can send the lighting diagram that keeps reptiles basking at 100 degrees+ within 10 inches of the bulb
Here is a diagram of the temps these bulbs give off and most of us wouldn’t use a bulb with that kind of power for a Cham. This is why I assume your thermometer is inaccurate unless the basking bulb is 20 inches away from the basking spot. That’s a little over a foot and a half from the bulb, in that case I guess you would use the 150w bulb. Just be careful it could burn your Cham.

Attachments

• IMG_0297.jpeg
    IMG_0297.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
The bulb @Beman recommended is the exact same bulb I use. You would want to use this one and raise the basking spot higher if the temps are too low maybe get a taller plant so their is a higher basking spot maybe around 8-10 inches from the bulb.
Okay yes I ordered the light beman showed me. I am saying until that light comes in the mail I have a 50 watt and a 150 watt the 50 keeps the basking spot at 71 or 73 highest and the 150 watt keeps her basking spot at 81 or 83. I am asking which one to use for now until the new one comes in the mail. Is 83 or 71 better for now? The light should be here in a week.

Okay yes I ordered the light beman showed me. I am saying until that light comes in the mail I have a 50 watt and a 150 watt the 50 keeps the basking spot at 71 or 73 highest and the 150 watt keeps her basking spot at 81 or 83. I am asking which one to use for now until the new one comes in the mail. Is 83 or 71 better for now? The light should be here in a week.
I would use the one that gets your basking at 83 degrees and raise your heat lamp up higher off the top of your enclosure.

So please note 150 watt bulb is going to produce much higher extreme temps than 83. I am talking temps easily high 90's to 100. Whatever you are using to measure temps either is not placed correctly at the branch below this fixture or is malfunctioning. This is going to not only put the cham at risk of dehydration but thermal burns as well.

So please note 150 watt bulb is going to produce much higher extreme temps than 83. I am talking temps easily high 90's to 100. Whatever you are using to measure temps either is not placed correctly at the branch below this fixture or is malfunctioning. This is going to not only put the cham at risk of dehydration but thermal burns as well.
I retract my statement in post #64. Go with what @Beman says, she has WAY more knowledge than I do :)

What are you using to measure your temps? I have these Govee hygrometer sensors that I quite like and are pretty accurate, although that won't help you today... https://www.amazon.com/Govee-Hygrom...8-3-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1

So please note 150 watt bulb is going to produce much higher extreme temps than 83. I am talking temps easily high 90's to 100. Whatever you are using to measure temps either is not placed correctly at the branch below this fixture or is malfunctioning.
I completely agree. I recommend you don’t use that bulb at all it’s WAY too hot. There are two things it could be, it’s a faulty fixture not putting off the wattage it says it does or a bad thermometer. 150w would burn your plants and Cham that’s for reptiles kept in desert conditions my beardie basks between 100-110 degrees under a 150w.

Attachments

• IMG_0297.jpeg
    IMG_0297.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 25
Also note dome fixtures are each rated differently to handle different wattages. Make sure you check what your rating is if your going to use the 150 watt bulb but raise the fixture up high off the cage. You do not want to deal with an electrical issue if your dome is rated to handle a 100 watt bulb.

This is my beardie basking point it almost a foot away from the bulb and still gives off 101 degrees which is really hot. I see you have the ideal bulbs on the way so just to be safe id raise your charms basking branch and use the 60w since that’s closer to what you’ll be using shortly.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 16
Should I be giving her plain calcium with no d3 with every feeding?

Yes. Sadly. I give her normal calcium with every feeding but then was reading something today that said normal calcium and multi vitamins are only to give every 2 weeks.
Yes, you will give calcium without D3 at every feeding and then your multivitamin with D3 would be every two weeks. Careful what you read and where you read it. Not all information you google is correct and some is very outdated.

Yes, you will give calcium without D3 at every feeding and then your multivitamin with D3 would be every two weeks. Careful what you read and where you read it. Not all information you google is correct and some is very outdated.
Thank you for confirming! Yes I am aware and that is why I wanted to check with you guys because this site is very helpful!

Back
Top Bottom