Chameleon Coloring

Fchamel

Chameleon Enthusiast
My 5-month-old Veiled Chameleon is dark most of the time. I am working on putting more foliage and vines in her cage. As accessories arent cheap... But I notice that even when nobody is in the room, she is that color. When I hand feed and hold her she is bright green, which is good. I am pretty sure this is a sign of stress. If you could give me some feedback that would be great, I will attach a photo below she us not always in that pose

IMG_20201001_082038415.jpg

Do you have a photo of the entire setup?

They can be dark because of stress or because they're trying to absorb more heat. It definitely looks bare though, so I'm sure that's a major factor.

Also, scrap the carpet and go with a bare bottom. It's safer and easier :)

Do you have a photo of the entire setup?

They can be dark because of stress or because they're trying to absorb more heat. It definitely looks bare though, so I'm sure that's a major factor.

Also, scrap the carpet and go with a bare bottom. It's safer and easier :)
Yes, I will attach one. It's not much, but I am planning on buying fake foliage today

All of that empty space is wasted space. Go outside and gather some branches of varying thickness, wash with Dawn dish soap, rinse well and use those to give her more area for traveling. Go get the fullest pothos plant you can find and add that in there. I believe Walmart usually has a mass cane plant that has pothos planted around it...get one of those if you can. Wash the leaves and stick that in there. She needs areas to climb/travel and leaves to hide in and get shade from.

Also, if that is tape holding the vine, get it out. Tape and chameleons have a very bad history. Use things like florist wire, fishing line or even a sturdy thread to attach light weight things. Better yet, take some of the straighter branches you find and attach vertically to the corner supports. Then attach another branch horizontally to those, forming like an ‘H’ which will provide you a framework to better attach stuff.

Make sure you set up an egg laying bin inside her cage very soon too. Female veiled chameleons can lay eggs without having mated once they get their big girl colors and need a place to lay them if you don't want to end up wth an eggbound chameleon.

All of that empty space is wasted space. Go outside and gather some branches of varying thickness, wash with Dawn dish soap, rinse well and use those to give her more area for traveling. Go get the fullest pothos plant you can find and add that in there. I believe Walmart usually has a mass cane plant that has pothos planted around it...get one of those if you can. Wash the leaves and stick that in there. She needs areas to climb/travel and leaves to hide in and get shade from.
Thank you so much for all of your help! It means so much to me! :))))))

Make sure you set up an egg laying bin inside her cage very soon too. Female veiled chameleons can lay eggs without having mated once they get their big girl colors and need a place to lay them if you don't want to end up wth an eggbound chameleon.
Thank you so much for all of your help! It means so much to me! :)))))))

You definitely need more foliage. And as far as the colors, Is it typically brown or black? Because if so Black tends to mean stressed out and Brown is restless. I'd add some foliage and see how she reacts.
just ordered foliage, and buying pothos tomorrow. She is brown mixed with green or just brown.

We have some progress! I got a pothos plant for her! ?????

Attachments

• IMG_20201002_150231366.jpg
    IMG_20201002_150231366.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom